Site using WebGL rendering crashes in Safari browser with iOS 14.2 Beta

The website (Babylon.js playground) can not open in the latest Safari browser with iOS 14.2 beta. It loads fine in released iOS14 but not in iOS 14.2 beta version.

I can load regular sites just fine, but the "A problem repeatedly occurred.. " page crash error occurs when I try to go to the WebGL rendering site.

The site uses WebGL rendering and I wonder if Safari 14.2 beta browser has issues with that? Anyone experiencing the same?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of stephennaruto Down vote post of stephennaruto
5.5k views

Replies

I can confirm that I'm also seeing the same issue with another WebGL product that our business runs.
Confirmed. Safari randomly reloads pages that make use of webGL rendering without throwing any exceptions. This has been an issue since iOS 14.0.0 and is not resolved with 14.0.1
Here at Nike, we are seeing this on some of our 3D products as well. Webgl is randomly crashing in Safari 14, and our pages are refreshing randomly. Is there any momentum on this issue?
Hi all, our application also uses WebGL and we are experiencing crashes of the WebGL canvas and intermittent unresponsiveness on the released version of iOS 14 (14.1). We are integrated on major e-comm sites and this is impacting a large user base on iOS 14.

Is there any news from Apple about these issues around WebGL that appeared in iOS 14?

Thanks
Hi all, same issue from my side. My app uses the camera to show the taked photo into a cavan, and with iOS 14 the web URL is automatically reloaded. No logs, no errors, no exceptions.. With iOS versions less than 14 all works properly.
Any update about this?
Still no word from Apple after three month. This bug is impacting thousands of our platforms iOS users alone. Is it a webkit issue? Is there a better place to report this?
Webgl canvas is causing massive memory leaks on iOS 14 which may be the reason for the silent crashes and reloads. Learn more: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/668999
We're also still seeing major problems using webGL on iOS 14. Any traction on this? Apple?
We have the same problem, and it completely blocks the launch of our application in production ... We will be very grateful for the solution

It seems that this issue is still unresolved in iOS 15.

Still happening on 15.2

Testing iOS 14 is working properly, but on iOS 15 (both 15.1 and 1.2) is not working, the page still is crashing