Getting a "certificate is not trusted" error for iOS Distribution Certificate

To support an older version of an iOS app, I needed to install Mojave with Xcode 9.

I create a CSR and from there generate an iOS Distribution certificate online, which I download and double click to install in Keychain. However, when viewing in Keychain, it shows in red "iPhone Distribution: CompanyName certificate is not trusted".

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as I follow the instructions to the T and have done this in the past with success.

NOTE: I tried this with Sierra as well and got the same issue. It only seems to work on Catalina, which doesn't help me because I need an older version of Xcode.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of johnjardin Down vote post of johnjardin
93k views
  • thanks man - this ate my brains for 3 hours to figure out

Add a Comment

Replies

Agreed this helped fix the issue

Hello Patel Bhai, How are you doing? I have registered brand new paid apple dev. account and I keep getting Revoke for each device. Revoke certificate

Your account already has a signing certificate for this machine but it is not present in your keychain. To create a new one, you must first revoke the existing certificate.

I opened trouble ticket to Apple three weeks and keep running me around without any help.

When I checked Keychain in Login and My Certificate is Valid and in Green color.

If anyone having this issues then please respond and help me.

Thank you kindly, Jason

Great, thank you SO MUCH and a hefty FU to Apple for making this whole process as painful as possible!

Thank you. It worked

Thank you Patel, you saved my day!

Thank you

I needed the G4 certificate from here. Maybe because it’s a year later from when the above solution was posted?

In any case this is pretty messy.

Save my day too!!!

Thank you!

@patelgaurav4u_ios You are an angel! Thank you Patel, you saved my day!! Real Hero! 

Thanks, Patel!!!!

Спасибо Patel! Слава Украине!

In the land of coding, a tale was told,
Of an error's grip, relentless and bold.
A "certificate not trusted" appeared,
As an iOS Distribution, it was feared.

A journey to Mojave, Xcode nine,
To support an older app, a quest to refine.
A CSR created, certificate online,
But in Keychain, a warning did shine.

In red, it declared, trust was amiss,
The developer puzzled, his fingers dismissed.
With Sierra, he tried, but the issue remained,
Catalina the key, but an older Xcode constrained.

Then Patel emerged, a savior so wise,
With a solution to offer, a trusted guide.
"Apple's certificate has changed, you see,
Download the update and install it with glee."

The link provided, a path to explore,
A resolution at hand, to struggle no more.
With Patel's guidance, the answer was clear,
The end of the error, the developer could cheer.
Add a Comment

Two years later, we are still using the same fix. Great finding Patel.. @patelgaurav4u_ios

Great, thank u very much