Apple Watch NFC Tags

Dear Community / Apple,

I would like to ask in the name of many Smart Home Community,

There is any developing / There is any future plan about make Apple Watches able to read NFC Tags / Stickers?

Many of us would like to use Apple Watch to use Home Automations with NFC Stickers, but we have to use our iPhone instead of the Watch, what would be the most logical way to use these things.

We does not really understand why this was not added by default, and why we cannot find any official information about this?

Please provide us some answer, at least we should know should we still wait for this feature or this is not gonna be enabled by Apple?!

Thank you very much,
Gery
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of colethegamer Down vote post of colethegamer
46k views
  • Yes, please! It would be awesome to integrate NFC functionality into the watch for developer and consumer use similar to how it is done on iPhone.

Add a Comment

Replies

+1 !

Please Apple company add NFC tag reading functionality to the Apple Watch, just like all the previous commentators asked for. I'm sure we would even pay extra for it. Please do it before the Apple Watch becomes obsolete, like every technical gadget eventually has to. Do it for humanity now. Or, at least tell us that it won't happen or that we have to wait until the augmented reality glasses are proven a flop.

+1 it's a must

Me too I would like very much this option for automation. Please listen your community.

+1

+1

+1

+1 From me. This needs to happen! This would be soooo convenient for home automations

+10

no seriously i jus switched to apple and cant belive this is not working ... :/ at least let us do this in some sort of dev mode

c‘mon! still waiting… !

I was postponing the watch purchase, but then I just went for it because of all the things I intended on using it - the NFC tags and automation were up there in the top 5. Didn't even cross my mind that there was a possibility of it not working on the watch...eh.

Everyone wants this, and You can make it happen Apple <3