Xcode: Failed to re-create a coordinator

Hello everyone,

I am trying to launch a simulator of my application on an iPad Pro (9.7-inch) in Xcode 12.0.1. I am able to finish the build, but then I get the following error.

Details
Failed to re-create a coordinator for APPNAME

Domain: IXErrorDomain

Code: 29

Failure Reason: Coordinator already exists.

User Info: {

FunctionName = "+[IXAppInstallCoordinator(IXSimpleInstaller) beginInstallForURL:consumeSource:options:completion:]block_invoke";

SourceFileLine = 313;

}

• -

System Information

macOS Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2)

Xcode 12.0.1 (17220)
However, I am able to launch the app in an iPad Air (4th Generation) without any issue. How am I able to fix the issue so that I can launch a simulator of the iPad Pro?

Replies

I am also having same type of error from 2 days after upgrading xcode to 12.0.1 i am thinking to downgrade it back to 11.3
I had this today and found a few things that if I switched to a different simulated device it was fine.

At the same time the canvas was not refreshing; after I quit both Xcode and the simulator and restarted the problem went away.

I suspect it's something to do with the simulator running the code for the canvas and trying to run the same code in a simulated device.
Hi,

I also had the same issue on the iPad Pro 11" simulator. Cleaning the build folder (Command-Shift-K) worked for me.

Hope this helps!
My hypothesis is this is due to some retained object in the previous run on that simulator.

I was able to solve this by:
  1. Selecting the simulator you wish to run the app on

2. Selecting "Device" in the toolbar, then "Erase all contents and Settings..." from the drop down that appears

3. When the load screen on that simulator completes, run the app on that simulator again

• Yes, this method solved my problem, thank you very much!

Add a Comment
CodeSwiftUI's fix worked for me. Command-Shift-K