Cant upgrade Big Sur 11.0.1

Anyone else having trouble installing the latest beta? My install prep seems to complete fine, the computer restarts then just continually prompts for a login, I login, then the progress bar hits about 20% then reboots and the cycle repeats. I've tried starting up in recovery, unlocking the startup disk, reboot, and that at least gets me back into 20A5395g but I still have yet to get the 11.0.1 update to take. Tried unplugging all accessories before update, resetting NVRAM and those classic things. Holding shift has no effect for safe mode (I tried disabling all security from recovery as well). Made sure energy sleep is disabled (63166401)

2019 Mac Pro 8-core

Accepted Reply

Found a surprising workaround. Simply go into recovery mode (CMD+R). Reinstall Big Sur Beta and do not wipe the existing drive. After the install, everything was unchanged but my system is now updated to 11.0.1. This must be a new feature in Big Sur or a side effect of a failed install that the installer finds and repairs. In either case, I am successfully updated and things overall seem much faster in this new build (20B5012d).

Replies

No problem with the upgrade, but Safari won’t run. Loads, but crashes upon entering anything (any keystroke) in the search bar. Latest Safari Dev Preview.
@Mrfearless.

Your issue actually sounds like the documented issue with Safari. Have you tried this?

Safari
Known Issues
Safari might quit unexpectedly if iCloud Tabs are enabled. (70625636)

Workaround: Bypass the Start Page by clicking a URL in a different application, such as Mail or Notes, to open Safari. In Safari > Preferences > General, set “New windows open with:” and “New tabs open with:” to “Empty Page”.

Found a surprising workaround. Simply go into recovery mode (CMD+R). Reinstall Big Sur Beta and do not wipe the existing drive. After the install, everything was unchanged but my system is now updated to 11.0.1. This must be a new feature in Big Sur or a side effect of a failed install that the installer finds and repairs. In either case, I am successfully updated and things overall seem much faster in this new build (20B5012d).
@MM2012, I’ve tried twice now to do what you describe and the Big Sur Beta reinstall gets to about 3/4 done and 13 minutes left and then I get a pop up saying unable to verify macOS. Any other ideas? Going to be a disaster if I lost my setup over this 11.0.1 update..