iPhone 12 camera flicker on video recording

Hi!

I recently bought the new iPhone 12 Pro Max.

I have noticed that when I shoot video's in the dark (with the lights on in the house), there is some kind of flickering visible in the video.

Apparently it is possible that due to very fast flickering of lights, slowmo video's make this kind of flickering visible when you can not see it with the ***** eye.

I however have this problem with normal video's as well. I have compared it with the video's on my iPhone X and it is definitely worse in my iPhone 12 video's.

I noticed that this happens while recording video on HD (or 4K) at 60 FPS, if you switch to 30 FPS this doesn't happen.

Anyone else that has this problem?

Problem happening on iOS 14.2.1 and iOS 14.3 Beta 2.

Thanks!
i have the iphone 12 pro, and i also experienced the same problem! My video is flickering, it hurts my eye to watch it.. This is just a normal video with lights on.
Same happening to me but no there's no fix :(
Running iOS 14.4 Beta 1
Same here with iPhone 12 on 14.3.
Hi,

12 Pro with 14.4 update.
Making video in the dark with flash the same problem with 1080p at 60fps. The video flashes and many light sources make noise on the screen.

youtube.com/watch?v=eRs7tIWBJG0

youtube.com/watch?v=vQMY0irofGU

youtube.com/watch?v=nvSxqm2y91U

Exactly the same problem exists on iOS 14.4
I have the same problem on iphone 12 pro max while shooting at 1080p at 60fps. The video is completely unusable.
I have the iphone 12 pro max and I get the flickering in high contrast areas too. It doesn't matter if I record in 60 or 30 fps for HDR. I use my phone to record videos for my social media channel. If they can fix this the rest is blinking amazing.

Come on apple it has been like this since the phone was released. surly you should have fixed this obvious bug by now!

All my filming is outdoors! This isnt anything to do with LED lights etc

So, yes your observations are bang on. 60 images per second is much faster than our eye. The lights at home cannot be constantly on. These lights will turn off and on very very fast so that our eyes can’t notice it. However, at 60fps, the camera can. The 11 pro did not have this problem. I guess apple had made better software for that camera. If you go out, you won’t notice this if there’s sunlight. Just wait for a bit, I am hoping Apple will address this issue and give us a software update.
HI i just bought a 12 pro and am having the same issue.

Yes same issue here.I replaced my iPhone 12 Pro once no difference.If I go to beach and walk around and record video it flickers all over.If you don’t move much then it does not .My friend had the same issue recording over snow.Also recording towards sun you can see some parallel artifacts on background.I could not figure if something wrong with hardware or software.To my knowledge every 12 series produces same results.Amazing Apple did not acknowledge or attempted to fix the issue.Disappointing Apple!!
As one other person here has said, I’ve seen it in high contrast video as well. For example, a shot I took of my wife paddle boarding. 3/4 of the image is the water, so there’s lots going on there with waves etc. The sky is noticeably flickering. It has nothing to do with lights. I have two guesses at what is going on. Either the phone is guessing wrong at when to adjust for the darker and lighter parts of the image - frequently trying to make small adjustments to the exposure. Or, the iPhone isn’t actually capable of capturing HDR video in one shot per frame, and instead for every frame recording it’s taking two shots at different exposures - one to capture the brighter part of the image, and one to capture the darker part, but when we see the flickering it’s doing a bad job of blending them together. Whatever is causing this, it’s definitely something apple should address... but you know... will they? (iPhone 12 pro max)

Hi, same problem here I have iPhone 12 Pro when I take a video and is not smooth and flickering, doesn’t matter even if I change the resolution. And also when I take a story from Instagram.

I just bought an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I have this issue, currently running iOS 14.8. Can’t believe this has been an issue that shipped with these phones and they haven’t even addressed it. Probably going to return it.

i have the same problems. How to fix it ?

I have iOS 15.0 ip12 pro max from Philippines. Even with the latest iOS I still have flicker while watching videos or even for my Tiktok videos, barely cant watch the video well.

Hi, I have an iphone 12 pro max and I just had updated its ios to 15 and a few days that’s when I have experienced the flickering of the videos sent to me. It’s really annoying and irritating on the eyes. How can this be fixed?

PrinceJohn30 same issue here and I am from Bataan, Philippines. I am sending iPhone 12 Pro Max to the Power Mac Center in Clark Pampanga on Monday for service and repair. This happened after updating to iOs 15. Green tint, flikering screen and video playback issue!!!! It’s just unacceptable for a new and very expensive phone to have this kind of issue without even doing anything to it and didn’t even have a physical or liquid damage. And who would want to let a very expensive phone to get damaged or submerged in water, right?

Same!! Got a replacement phone it does the same thing!! Can’t even enjoy or use my pro for what it’s meant for!! The camera!! They’ve done nothing but send replacements or try to repair it all of which is clearly not the problem here.

I bought apple 12 mini 2 days ago in India and facing same flickering issue especially when recording slow- motion videos and 4k videos at 60 fps. Have asked seller to replace the iphone but they are denying it.

When I move the camera when recording a video, it is flickering always. When I zoom when I watch the recorded video, quality is awful. It is same for IOS 14 and 15. I tried all video quality options. It is dissapointing.

Even I am facing the same issue with my iPhone 12. 30fps is fine but 60 fps videos suck in low light

I have an iphone 13 pro, barely 6 months old and this happens to me all the time. Took it to an apple service centre and they found nothing wrong apparently. Horrible service on apple’s end

I had the same issue, I simply went to settings, Language, changed the device language to a new Language (in my case- Turkish) as I know Turkish. And the phone rebooted, and immediately the issue was resolved. I am not longer seeing any flickering issue. Earlier, I had to fiddle a lot around the camera settings like, toggle lens correction, etc. all is of no use.

only solution : change Language of a different region and restart the phone.

It appears that Apple has designed the iOS to country, region, Language specific, and hence camera software works accordingly.

In your case, you could either try Irish English, or Australian, English or some other Language of a different region in Settings and restart the phone. Should work.

I have same problem iphone 12 mini

i have the iphone 12 pro same issue.

iPhone 12 camera flicker on video recording

Q