SDK PATH MacOSX11.1.sdk MISSING

As seen in this github issue, Xcode does not seem to create a symlink for MacOSX11.1.sdk, so Homebrew fails to install anything. I'm sure Homebrew isn't be the only program failing to build code because of this error.

The solution would be to reinstall the Command-line Tools or create these symlinks yourself if reinstalling doesn't fix it:

Code Block
ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX11.1.sdk

Code Block
ln -s /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.1.sdk

Note: This is only a temporary fix to get builds affected by this issue working again, however it may break the SDK in some unknown ways.
  • Totally does the trick in my MacOS which runs the latest and greatest version Monterey 12.4 with the latest and greatest version of XCode (Xcode 13.4.1, Build version 13F100).

It boggles my mind that after so many months we have to resort to gimmicks with links to get things to work in our IDEs!

Add a Comment

Replies

You are my hero man! Thanks!