Xcode freezes after upgrade to 12.3

I have upgrade Xcode to last release on 15 december 2020. Now it freezes every minutes for 5 minutes it's unusable. Are there some solutions?

Accepted Reply

Does it freeze on any specific action ?
Do you notice some unusual Xcode activity level in Monitor ?

Did you reboot ?

Otherwise, a good practice is to keep previous version 12.2 and get back to it.
And file a bug report.

Replies

Same issue but Darr's suggestion worked - removed Connect via Network checkmark for any physical devices, quit Xcode, rebooted for good measure and all is well.

Still needs bug fix to bring back the functionality.
Even I face the same problem ? Even after deleting the devices in devices and simulator.. the issue exists. I use Mac mini with macOS Big Sur.. it freezes the system and makes it unusable. Only after Force quit and restart, able to use other application. Any solutions ?
Darr's solution worked for me too. Killing the network connection and going to the cable fixed it for me. I think the reason it freezes every five min or so and spins the beachball for several minutes then repeats over and over is because it might be having an intermittent network issue with the device.

Xcode 12.3 was working good and then my barely died while I was loading a build onto my networked iPhone. Before I found Darr's suggestion I tried everything: :clear derived data, create a new project, reboot, re-install Xcode... non of that made any difference.
Same problem with Xcode 12.3 for me!
Same issue
Same problem.
Have an AppleTV connected so I can't uncheck the "connect via network" option.
I struggled with the same problem.
My problem was caused by sharing WiFi of iMac.
The most obvious solution seems to be to disable the WiFi of the mac running XCode and use the wired network.

XCode : 12.3
macOS: 11.0.1
iMac : 2019
same issue here.
I stopped the wifi, opened Xcode, unpaired the physical device (with an Xcode crash :-), reattached it DEFLAGGING the "connect via network" and it seems better now, but still quite unstable
Thank you, I usually don't find answers to my issues here but after spending a couple of days trying everything I finally arrived here and saw Dan and several others suggesting turning of the "Connect via network" setting in the Devices and Simulators menu dialog and then restarting Xcode. BINGO the issue seems resolved!!!
Same here. Running on a M1 powered Mac.

Xcode will freeze when I change tabs or doing something that is supposed to be lightweight.

The beach ball appears, and then beach ball freezes as well.

Xcode Version 12.3 (12C33)
Try deleting your Derived Data folder.
Removing your devices and connecting with lightening cable rather than WiFi.
Also you can try downloading Xcode from the developer downloads directly rather than from AppStore.
Yes, unpair and connect via lighting cable. This is terrible. On both Intel and M1 computers... long freezes when switching to Xcode. I've sent sysdiagnose so hopefully that helps them, although I have no idea how people are using this as-is.
I have also performance Problems. But its not crashing, instead it's just very slow. Each time I type something, its lagging 1 or 2 sec. Any suggestions?
Make sure you don't have Chrome or Any other memory hungry program running, Also make sure that your computer has enough memory and storage, xcode IDE is already quite memory hungry and doesn't really offer a good developer experience.
Same issue for me. To go in the devices and remove the Connect via Network works but I think it is a dirty workaround. Apple should fix this problem.