Xcode freezes after upgrade to 12.3

I have upgrade Xcode to last release on 15 december 2020. Now it freezes every minutes for 5 minutes it's unusable. Are there some solutions?

Accepted Reply

Does it freeze on any specific action ?
Do you notice some unusual Xcode activity level in Monitor ?

Did you reboot ?

Otherwise, a good practice is to keep previous version 12.2 and get back to it.
And file a bug report.

Replies

I am experiencing this same issue as well. Any fixes yet?
Does it freeze on any specific action ?
Do you notice some unusual Xcode activity level in Monitor ?

Did you reboot ?

Otherwise, a good practice is to keep previous version 12.2 and get back to it.
And file a bug report.
I have made mistake to assign "solved". Is not solved.
For everyone that have this issue downgrade to 12.2. Here links of older version https://developer.apple.com/download/more/
I resolved the issue removing all devices from Window->Devices and Simulators->Devices and re-adding them.
I took the advice of oldnotwise above and deleted all devices/simulators. That seems to be working so far. Thanks for the tip!
I'm having the same issue. It seems that it has something to do with "internet". If I disconnect my wifi, Xcode start responding fine again.

If I'm right, Xcode must be trying to connect to some service that is not responding and not giving timeout, neither.
Got things working by unchecking "Connect via Network" for all devices under Window > Devices & Simulators. Didn't need to remove all devices.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of ay8s Down vote reply of ay8s
I have a 2016 MacBook air 16gig Ram, plenty of room on the SSD, and yet after the update yesterday 15th Dec, Xcode is running terrible.
It has never been a rocket on my simple Macbook Air, but it's been very useable.
However it is extremely slow now, to a point where it's very frustrating and dissapointing.

For me, Xcode (Version 12.3 (12C33)) was beach-balling every 5 minutes as well. I just turned off 'Connect Via Network' for my one physical device - an iPhone X (14.3 18C66) and that seemed to return Xcode to 'normal'! Now if I could just get rid of those @#$%^ "watchdogd checkin" crashes...
Xcode is unusable after the latest update. Constant freezing of the UI. I’ve now disabled ‘Connect via network’ for all my test devices and that seems to resolve it for now.
@mborsten
I have decided to stay with 12.2 and wait for 12.4 to eventually update.
But skip 12.3 (I've filed 2 bug reports so far).
For me Xcode is nearly unusable after updating to 12.3, freezes for 5 mins sometimes, and has crashed 5 times since starting working an hour ago.

Edit: Unpairing my device connected via network and using only lightning cable seems to have resolved the issue for me.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Darr Down vote reply of Darr
I have the same issue. Removing/adding devices does not solve the issue for me.
Same problem with Xcode 12.3 for me! It freezes every 2 minutes and I have to restart Xcode.
Very bad update!