sudo spctl --master disable not working

Last login: Sun Jan 3 08:12:33 on ttys000
harshdeepuppal@harshdeeps-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo spctl --master disable
Password:
objc[2629]: Class SPExecutionPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[2629]: Class AppWrapper is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[2629]: Class AppWrapperPolicyResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[2629]: Class AppWrapperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[2629]: Class SPLog is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[2629]: Class MIS is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[2629]: Class SPExecutionHistoryItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[2629]: Class SPExecutionPolicyItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[2629]: Class SPDeveloperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[2629]: Class GKScanResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
spctl: option `--master' is ambiguous
System Policy Basic Usage:
    spctl --assess [--type type] [-v] path ...

assessment

spctl --add [--type type] [--path|--requirement|--anchor|--hash] spec ...

add rule(s)

spctl [--enable|--disable|--remove] [--type type] [--path|--requirement|--anchor|--hash|--rule] spec

change rule(s)

spctl --status | --master-enable | --master-disable

system master switch

Developer Mode Usage:
  spctl developer-mode <action>
    enable-terminal
      Add Terminal as a developer tool.
Kernel Extension User Consent Usage:
  spctl kext-consent <action>      Modifications only available in Recovery OS
    status
      Print whether kernel extension user consent is enabled or disabled.
    enable
      Enable requiring user consent for kernel extensions.
    disable
      Disable requiring user consent for kernel extensions.
    add <team-id>
      Insert a new Team Identifier into the list allowed to load kernel extensions without user consent.
    list
      Print the list of Team Identifiers allowed to load without user consent.
    remove <team-id>
      Remove a Team Identifier from the list allowed to load kernel extensions without user consent.
harshdeepuppal@harshdeeps-MacBook-Pro ~ % 

Replies

You have to do that from the recovery console.
  • When I try from the recovery console it says command not found?

• Doing from Recovery Mode is not working on MacMini or iMac

Add a Comment
I have had the same issue at the command line:

spctl --status

sudo spctl --status

% spctl --status

objc[1909]: Class SPExecutionPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[1909]: Class AppWrapper is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

This is on a new machine with the latest version of BigSur 11.1 and all updates.

Thanks

Aug 27,2021 I too having the same problem disabling GATEKEEPER After typing command sudo spctl --master-disable the following is what i get on BigSur 11.5.2

Any Solution would be appreciated ....

objc[1433]: Class SPExecutionPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[1433]: Class AppWrapper is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[1433]: Class AppWrapperPolicyResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[1433]: Class AppWrapperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[1433]: Class SPLog is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[1433]: Class MIS is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[1433]: Class SPExecutionHistoryItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[1433]: Class SPExecutionPolicyItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[1433]: Class SPDeveloperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[1433]: Class GKScanResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined

I too have same problem how 2 to disable GateKeeper ....

OK, me too; so what causes this? Did I do it? How do I fix it? I've been messing with spctl trying to get a Ham Radio app called CHIRP running.

Same problem for me, trying to use spctl

To disable Gatekeeper, Use the command: sudo spctl --global-disable
And to re-enable Gatekeep, type this command in terminal: sudo spct; --global-enable.

the old command spctl --master is no longer supported in mac.

This change was introduced in Mac OS 10.15.7 (last version on Catalina) probably because i was last using it just 1 month back and the spctl manpage had the new guidlines. The global command works perfectly on all versions above OS 10.15.7 till Mac OS Montery 12.2.1 (latest stable version).

Tbh, its much easier to read manpages as i too couldn't find this solution on web!!

#Gatekeeperworking

• Man, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I've been looking all over the internet for a solution and couldn't find it. I did everything, search for everything, create, reinstall macos several times, until you saved my life. It worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

• no.

I have Catalina 10.15.7, man spctl gives : SYNOPSIS    spctl --assess [-t type] [-] file ...    spctl --master-enable | --master-disable    spctl --enable | --disable | --remove [-t type] [--path path] [--requirement requirement] [--anchor hash] [--hash hash]    spctl --status

spctl --global-disable gives an error.

• Kudos to VBabbar! I agree with acamilomt that this isn't common knowledge. And thank you for explaining. Finally I got rid of the annoying pop-up's. Again, a BIG thanks!!! Cheers!

Add a Comment

sudo spctl --master-disable

That should fix it for you.