watchOS 7.3 battery drain issue

Hi, I own an Apple Watch series 6 cellular. After upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3 battery life has dramatically reduced. Used to use all day and night and when I woke up it had still 30% to 40% battery life before a quick charge. Now battery will be 5% before going to sleep.

please help me to solve the issue.

kind regards
  • I have the exact same issue. I actually had my watch changed thinking it was an internal battery issue only to learn it was mainly the beta software. I have back ground app refresh OFF; all non-essential app are deleted. I have experimented with many issues to isolate the problem. On my AW6, first, I killed using my watch as a remote and it helped. Next, I turned off the O2 sensors ability to check my levels randomly throughout the day - that dramatically helped.

My watch on some days will be at 60% when I go to bed. Many days, it will go from 100% to 0 in just 3 to 4 hours.

There is a bug in the software but I am convinced the battery is not big enough to operate all the features packed into the watch. Shameful.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same
Same. I’m so disappointed. I have an Apple Watch 4 and for the last week, I have unpaired, repaired, reset, and turned notifications and features off, and the battery still dies in less than 3 hours. I’m not going to have an Apple watch and not get the most of the features offered out of it. Is this apples way of making me buy a new watch?
Same problem with my AW6 after updating to 7.3.
After 5 hours of use the battery was at 5%.
In my case I noticed it went down extremely fast after connecting my AirPods and running indoors with Workout.
Same! Aw 4 here. My watch would last 2 days prior to the update and now it lasts 1/2 a day at most. Fix it please!
Having the same issue. My watch only lasted for 5 hour with no extra usage (i.e. music, phone call, alarms, apps, etc.)....just the watch on my wrist. Maybe Apple wants to test it's upgrades a bit before a release. This needs a critical/urgent fit...unacceptable performance.
I've been having the same issue with my series 4 since I upgraded to watchOS 7.1, 7.2 and now 7.3. Went to the shops and was told everytime, to just wait for the updates. Tried unpairing, re-pairing, resetting and still drains like crazy. Battery used to last about 2 days. Now, it drains 5%-10% every hour, normal usage. I have to charge it at least twice a day. Please fix this, Apple.
I have seen some reply saying 5-10% battery drops every hour. I have apple watch series 6 bought 2 months ago, after this update my battery drains 2% every 3-4 mins. Before it used to charge within an hour and now it takes several hours to charge my watch and gets heated up. We bought this watch to use all the application, not to keep it on power reserve mode/ flight mode to save power. Apple should fix this soon. By the way, if you visit Apple store, they will do Diagonostic check of battery and say it’s fine in the end. Even apple service centre recognise this issue and have no solution.
Same. iWatch 6 only last 3/4 of the day now
Same issue! I have a series 3 which is older. But I could go at least 36 hours without recharging. The next day after updating my battery draining quickly! It’s not worth having if O have to charge it midday
Same issue. Battery could go nearly 2 days. I have it on charger overnight, then have to recharge late afternoon. If I'm not home i just have to let it die. As a realtor, I depend on my apple watch for many things, including my safely when showing homes or running Open Houses. Please fix this!
Same with our series 6. It always had 50%+ left at the end of the day, now it can't make it through the day with 7.3.... hopefully a fix is coming soon.
I have the same issue, I thought it was a battery issue but its life is at 95%. I have an AW6.
I have recently upgraded to the Apple Watch Series 6. Updated to watchOS 7.3. At first, I thought it was the “Always On” display. But no. I tried multiple things, but the issue still persists. I removed my watch from charger at approximately 10am. It is now 8pm. Battery is at 39. Not good.
Same here. Apple Watch SE going from 100% to 55% during a 7~8 hour bedtime when it should only decrease around 10~15%
Same here.