watchOS 7.3 battery drain issue

Hi, I own an Apple Watch series 6 cellular. After upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3 battery life has dramatically reduced. Used to use all day and night and when I woke up it had still 30% to 40% battery life before a quick charge. Now battery will be 5% before going to sleep.

please help me to solve the issue.

kind regards
  • I have the exact same issue. I actually had my watch changed thinking it was an internal battery issue only to learn it was mainly the beta software. I have back ground app refresh OFF; all non-essential app are deleted. I have experimented with many issues to isolate the problem. On my AW6, first, I killed using my watch as a remote and it helped. Next, I turned off the O2 sensors ability to check my levels randomly throughout the day - that dramatically helped.

My watch on some days will be at 60% when I go to bed. Many days, it will go from 100% to 0 in just 3 to 4 hours.

There is a bug in the software but I am convinced the battery is not big enough to operate all the features packed into the watch. Shameful.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same here...charged 100% around 10am and by 8 pm it was at 10%. It’s very annoying that I have to keep it for charging twice a day...please @apple fix it ASAP
Same issue here with watch series 5 cellular
Same problem with my AppleWatch SE cellular. Unbearable!
...and same here, Series 4 watch
Battery life has been awesome since day 1 until I upgraded to WatchOS 7.3
Huge difference in how fast it drains.
I restarted, removed a few 3rd party apps that where in use for displaying complications. No change.
All complications are native WatchOS complications.
Same here. I usually charge it at about 6pm each day and it usually has about 50-60% battery remaining by then. Today, I had 10% remaining by 1pm, no new apps, no changes to anything other than the 7.3 upgrade
Same problem here. Apple watch series 6. After the update to 7.3, the battery drain is severe
Same experience here. I have an apple watch series 6 with cellular and battery life has reduced by at least 4 hours.
Same problem. Updated to new OS and the battery is junk. Fully charged 45 minutes ago now down to 70%. Started having the problem on 1/31. Watch doesn’t even get through half the morning. Unusable. Have tried all the restarts, changing settings. No help. Please correct ASAP!
Yep, same here. AW 4
I have the same problem with my AW series 4. After update to watch os 7.3, the battery of the watch can only stand for about 10-12 hours after a full charged. This is a bad user experience that disappointed me and make me regret of buying this instead of other smartwatch. Hope apple will fix this soon!
Same.
Same problem with my Apple Watch series 6,now the watch literally drain the battery.
I have the same issue - massive battery drain by mid-day.
Same problem here. Prior to 7.3, at the end of the day, my S6 would be at 65% battery. After 7.3 it is around 10%. Huge drain. Please fix.
Same battery problem. After watchOS 7.3 upgrade, battery life on my AW 6 GPS is less than a day.