MacOSX 11.2 SDK

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini9,1
Chip: Apple M1
Big Sur
Version: 11.2.1 (20D74)

Command Line Tools for 12.4 installs MacOSX11.1.sdk in /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/.

I get the following error when running "sudo port diagnose" for Macports:
"Warning: No Xcode version info was found for your OS version."

I need MacOS11.2.sdk installed but none of the Command Line Tools for Xcode provide it.

How do I get MacOS11.2.sdk?

Replies

I'm also wondering where I can find MacOS11.2.sdk!

Command Line Tools for Xcode 12.4 comes with MacOS11.1.sdk, and the two Command Line Tools downloads for Xcode 12.5 betas come with MacOS11.3.sdk.
Exactly. The beta2 comes with 11.3 SDK but no 11.2.
This seems to be the main issue.
I tried to install MacPorts and this problem yield, so far no luck finding this macOS 11.2 SDK
Known issue with MacPorts. See MacPort tickets #62394 and #61866. (Though the first post incorrectly says 12.2 SDK, when the SDK version for MacOS 11.2 is actually 11.1. See /Library/Developer/CommandLineToos/SDKs.)

I tried to include the ticket links, but seem not allowed to add links to this comment. Tickets can be found at trac.macports.org.
I had the same problem and did what was mentioned in [Macports ticket #61866] trac.macports.org/ticket/61866)

Which was to edit /opt/local/libexec/macports/lib/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl

I searched for sdk_version and made the following changes to hard code 11.3.(by this time this was the version of Xcode I had upgraded to to install 11.2)

default configure.sdk_version   {11.3}
#default configure.sdk_version   {$macosx_sdk_version}     

This cleared up the error message. I have no idea if it was a good idea.
I am still having port install issues.

I did the following:
  1. First check if you have MacOS11.2sdk installed by looking into : /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs

This is my output:
[/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs] $ ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 7 root wheel 224B Jul 28 2020 MacOSX10.14.sdk/
drwxr-xr-x 8 root wheel 256B Mar 17 07:18 MacOSX10.15.sdk/
drwxr-xr-x 7 root wheel 224B Jul 17 2020 MacOSX11.0.sdk/
drwxr-xr-x 7 root wheel 224B Nov 30 04:33 MacOSX11.1.sdk/

2. Download 11.2sdk manually from apple developer side and install.

Even after the install I dont see 11.2 in the folder above. Am i missing anything here.
As a quick update: I cannot wait long for this fix so I uninstalled my 2.6.4 and manually installed it from tar.bz. I used the migration page on macports installation and backed up all my ports. After the manual installation finished, I used the restore script and got all my ports back. Now I am able to install all ports.
Simple make a symlink:
ln -s /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.1.sdk /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.2.sdk
MFerenc's solution works for me, thank you. It seems like MacPorts' team is working on this issue. It might be fixed in the next version of 2.6.4.

The Command Line tools for Xcode 12.0 through 12.4 were missing a MacOSX11.sdk symlink in /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs.

The Xcode 12.5 Command Line Tools package contains the MacOSX11.sdk

MacPorts base will also search for the "best" SDK in /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs and will use any SDK it finds that matches the major OS version, so it sounds like you need to update MacPorts base.