URLSession to SSL is failing

My unmodified code (from prior iOS releases) is no longer working with the same https url in iOS 14. My Info.plist contains the 'Allow Arbitrary Loads' settings (it's a podcast player). I've included a simple sample source example.

Did I miss some documentation somewhere for something I needed to update to get my SSL-based connection to work again?

Replies

This seems to maybe be an iOS 14.5 (beta) issue? I'm only seeing this behavior on 14.5.

I'm only seeing this behavior on 14.5.

There’s been two iOS 14.5 betas. The current one, iOS 14.5b2, is build 18E5154f. Which one are you testing on?

FYI, I tried this on iOS 14.5b1 running in the simulator and didn’t have a problem.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
I've narrowed it down to simulator only, using Xcode 12.5 beta 2 (12E5234g) with a simulator running iOS 14.5 (18E5154g). On my device, which is running 14.5 (18E5154f), it seems to work.

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks for all the details. Your question reminded me that I needed to install Xcode 12.5b2 and, on doing that, I can reproduce the problem in the simulator. You should definitely file a bug about this. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

On my device, which is running 14.5 (18E5154f), it seems to work.

Well, that’s good news at least.

Share and Enjoy

Thanks. I have submitted the bug: FB9015809
  • Paul

I am also experiencing this and have separately filed FB9016015.
Thanks for the bug reports folks. They helped me track down the primary bug report for this issue (r. 74158392). It’s definitely a simulator-only thing. I don’t have any concrete info as to when this’ll be fixed but I recommend that you continue testing with any future 14.5 beta releases if and when they are seeded.

Share and Enjoy

Xcode 12.5 beta 3 seems to have resolved this issue.

It appears to me, that the error has resurfaced in Xcode 13 betas 1 and 2.

Has anyone else experienced that?

Has anyone else experienced that?

This is working on my machine (Xcode 13.0b2 running on macOS 11.4 testing on the iOS 15 simulator with a new project created from the iOS > App template).

Share and Enjoy

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"