Siri shortcut stopped working on iOS 14.5 beta

I set a custom shortcut for turning off all the lights. It works when I say "turn off the lights." This shortcut has been working fine since I added it but it just stopped working after I updated my phone to 14.5 beta. Now Siri is looking for lights in the home app when I say "turn off the lights." Siri is having trouble distinguishing my Siri shortcut trigger sentence from actual commands.

Accepted Reply

My lights do not support HomeKit. The only way to control them through Siri is to add a shortcut to Siri from the manufacturer's app. When I say "turn off the lights", Siri is not recognizing the sentence as a shortcut but instead actually looking for any added HomeKit lights which I don't have any.
  • Hmn... can you believe, after two years, this issue remains, I faced exactly the same issue as you described and try searching then found your posting. sigh...

Add a Comment

Replies

My lights do not support HomeKit. The only way to control them through Siri is to add a shortcut to Siri from the manufacturer's app. When I say "turn off the lights", Siri is not recognizing the sentence as a shortcut but instead actually looking for any added HomeKit lights which I don't have any.
  • Hmn... can you believe, after two years, this issue remains, I faced exactly the same issue as you described and try searching then found your posting. sigh...

Add a Comment