Testing local App Clip experience with Location based Siri suggestion/Link on Map/iMessage/Smart App Banner?

I am exploring App Clips and trying it out by following the instruction on Apple Documentation site.

So far I am able to test local App Clip experience with App Clip code and QR code. For NFC I assume that I would work the same way but need to have rewritable NFC tag and suitable app to write the URL to NFC tag.

I wanted to test with other invocations locally however so far I could not find any reference on how to setup these.
  1. Location based from Siri suggestion

2. Link on Map

3. Link on iMessage app and

4. Smart App Banner.

Based on my finding, Smart App Banner and Link on iMessage App need to have proper domain and associate App Clip with the website by modifying AASA file.

Is it possible to test all these 4 invocations locally and how?

Replies

Hello,

App clip local experiences don't show up in Location based suggestion or in Maps. You can invoke local experiences in Safari or iMessage by adding apple-itunes-app meta-tag and set app-clip-bundle-id to your app clip in your website. For more information about how to invoke app clip from Safari and iMessage, please refer to this document: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/app_clips/supporting_invocations_from_your_website_and_the_messages_app .

Thanks,