Game Center login prompt shown immediately on iOS 14.5 beta 5

Hi everyone!

I'm experiencing an issue about Game Center's authentication behaviour. Login prompt is now displayed immediately if user is not logged in to Game Center on System Settings / Game Center.

Expected behaviour (Before 14.5 beta 5):
  • Set callback to authenticateHandler at app launch.

• Callback fired:

• If viewController is null, this means user logged in to Game Center and we successfully authenticated user. User sees a Game Center banner says "Signed in as nickname"

• If viewController is not null, this means user not logged in to Game Center in settings. If you want to show user a login prompt, use viewController. If you don't want to show user a login prompt, end authentication flow and user won't see a login prompt.

Current behaviour (After 14.5 beta 5):
  • Set callback to authenticateHandler at app launch.

• iOS immediately shows login prompt if user not logged in to Game Center, before callback fired.

Does anyone encounter same issue? I don't want to show login prompt to users if they are not logged into Game Center. My solution was working fine until 14.5 beta 5.

Any help will be appreciated.
Add a Comment

Replies

I'm facing the same issue. Followed the instructions and code samples as shown in the documentation but the problem still persists. Any updates on the solution to this?