IOS 14.5 Charging problem

Hi, after I update my iPhone12 to ios 14.5 and charge my phone it got stuck to 80% battery.

I usually charge my phone for 2 hours and its 100%, but after the update more than 2 hours it is still at 80%.
Then I restart my phone and it became 84%, then I charge it again but the percentage won't go up.

What should I do about it? Any fix you can recommend? or should I just keep it charging even if the percentage won't go up?

My battery health is 99%.

Thank you!

Replies

Facing the same issue, stuck to 96%
My ph is not even charging with fast charge anymore since the update. I’m now using the old original charger for my xs max
I updated to ios14.5.1, my finger tips were slightly damp from washing my hands (thank you Covid19), my phone indicated that charging will be disabled for a few hours, I hit override. Charged the phone. Till this day it refused to charge via Lightening connector attached to the official Apple 20w brick, I used an old charger from my iPhone 7, it’s not even being recognized, I can’t connect to a laptop with iTunes to download grade the software. I did a soft and hard reset, I went into general and reset all phone settings, nothing works. I can only charge via slow wireless charger… what’s the pointing in investing in Apple and marketing their brand value to others when you the enthusiast is let down for something as simple as this? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I have the same issue with 14.5.1, iphone won't charge via regular charger/car charger/desktop usb, only charges with certain fast charger.

My iPad 11 Pro was not charging. Tried everything. Then decided to do a full reset/erase. iPad is charging fine now.

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.