Application with TokenDriver fails to update if smartcard is in card-reader

We have a Smartcard management application that installs a TokenDriver on macOS. The application is published in the Mac Apple Store.

When we published a newer version, the Mac App Store proposed to users that they update the application.

We have discovered that the application will not update if the TokenDriver is running, ie., if there is a smartcard inserted in the connected card-reader (PC/SC).

Does anyone know a workaround ?

Code-Level Support -> Ask FeedBack Assistant
Feedback Assistant -> No Response !

Replies

So, two questions:
  • Just to confirm, your “TokenDriver” is based on CryptoTokenKit, right?

• What was your bug number?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"
Yes it's a TokenDriver based on CryptoTokenKit.
Here is the Feedback number : FB9050730

Here is the Feedback number : FB9050730

Thanks for that.

I don’t support CryptoTokenKit myself but I’ve seen problems like this in other app extensions, most notably Network Extension providers. The issue is that the app extension is marked at active, which marks the app as active, which then blocks the update. I suspect that that’s the case here as well, but the analysis of your bug is not sufficiently far along to provide any evidence to support theory.

Can you drop me a line via email? I’d like to get some other info from you but it’s not something that I’m comfortable asking here on DevForums.

Oh, my email address is in my signature. And please reference this thread for context; I get a lot of email |-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"