iOS 14.5 issues with UDP broadcast

HI

My app use the UDP for Streaming Video from an action cam device.

After installing the new version 14.5, it's impossible to viewing the video into our APP.

we get this message
"Unable to determine our source address: This computer has an invalid IP address: 0.0.0.0"

and when we saw the Network Report, we can see that we received Bytes on the UDP but the local address and remote address are stil at 0.0.0.0

Any ideas what's happen please ?

best regards

Replies

Have you applied for, been granted, and then enabled the multicast entitlement (com.apple.developer.networking.multicast)? See the Local Network Privacy FAQ for more on this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"
Hi Eskimo

many thanks for your reply and help

i made all your instructions step by step, but unfortunate I never saw the "Multicast Networking additional capability" in the App Id Configuration.

can you explain and tell me more how to obtain this please ?

thanks !
The Multicast Networking capability is an additional capability. You must specifically apply for access, using the form linked to from the documentation.

Share and Enjoy

Thanks Eskimo for your help,

I sent the Multicast Networking Entitlement Request page last Friday and unfortunately no replies actually...

do you know how many time for the reply and the delivery time for this activation service please ?

thanks !

do you know how many time for the reply

I’m not involved in the entitlement approval process and thus can’t give you a definitive answer. Perhaps some other developers can chime in?

Share and Enjoy