Custom Haptics on Apple Watch

Is it possible to customize haptics on Apple Watch (something like CoreHaptics) rather than using standard haptics out of WatchKit? I'm looking for a way to play a continuous waveform (like a more complex version of Breathe).

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of paulcipparone Down vote post of paulcipparone
4.5k views

Replies

Same request here

Sadly after doing fairly extensive research on this topic it doesn't seem possible. The best I could do was to chain the most basic WatchKit haptic type (WKHapticType- I think it was Click) together to make a pattern using a loop. But this is quite low-res as you'll have 100 milliseconds between clicks.

You can get a lot more control (although less intensity) on iPhone using CoreHaptics, but this is not available on Watch.

• hey paul, what was the code you used to chain together the haptic types? trying to do a similar thing here. did you add 100ms delays between lines, or was that automatic?

Add a Comment

I'm also interested in this method

So far, CoreHaptics API does not support watchOS.

Any updates on this topic yet? Any plans to enable custom haptic patterns in future?

Also would like to create custom haptics in WatchOS - any plans for this??

I would like to create custom haptics for a Watch app also. Any idea if this is on the roadmap? thanks

Ditto, would love to be able to work with the WatchOS haptics with something like CoreHaptics. Using only the built-in WKHapticTypes is very restrictive. Is there any plan for this?

Same request for me. Critical for recognizing distinct events via haptic feedback.