Deleting Forum Posts

Is there a way I can delete my own question/post from the Apple Developer Forum?

Replies

No, there is no way to delete neither to edit (after 1 hour).

What Claude31 said plus…

If you want to withdraw a post because you already found the answer, just reply to it with a summary of that answer and then mark that as correct.

If you want to delete a post for some other reason then… well… what’s the reason? This question crops up from time to time and I’d like to know why folks need this feature so I can zen on the best path forward.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

If you want to delete a post for some other reason then… well… what’s the reason?

Sometimes, I can post a question or an answer and then realise it is nonsense. Or because of some recent strange forum behavior (messages seem to disappear for a few minutes then suddenly reappear after verification - not really WYSIWIG at all), I may post the question again… and then notice it is a duplicate.

Sure I can edit it and just write : this post has been deleted! But, if no one answered yet, it would be just better to simply remove it.

That was possible in the former forum…

• I agree, it could be an accidental duplicate, or you simply decided it’s not the right question to ask because for example you misunderstood something or decided to take a different approach. It generally just feels kinda wrong to not be able to delete your data.

• You cannot delete… too bad. But in some cases you cannot post ! even worse.

• There absolutely needs to be a way to delete ones posts.Why does Apple always have to reinvent the wheel.... forums has been a solved issue for years, you know :-/

Add a Comment

If you want to delete a post for some other reason then… well… what’s the reason?

In my case, for example, I wanted to add additional information to my question and accidentally created an answer to my question with that info. Then I realised that it would be much better if I would have clicked edit and extended my question, and then I did it. But there was no way to delete my answer with the same information as in the question.

Thanks for the feedback folks. At this point the next step is Radar. Can each of you put your specific scenarios into bug report and post the bug number?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Absolutely ridiculous that we can't edit or delete posts when we're paying a yearly developer fee just to publish apps.

• There are developers on the forum who don't pay developer fees.

Add a Comment

It has only been like 5 minute and I wanted to delete my post because I found the answer but couldn't. So no, it is not possible to do so regardless how early the post was.

Same here lol