Find My unable to connect to server

Anyone running iOS 15 beta having issues with Find My? I am able to locate myself however none of the other 5 members of my family. After opening Find My app I am presented with a dialogue box saying “Find My Unavailable - Unable to connect to the server. Please try again later.” I have restarted, turned on and off Find My…everything under the sun I could think of short of factory reset. Ideas?!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Tpray519 Down vote post of Tpray519
31k views
  • Tpray519 - did Apple engineers fix this problem for you?

• No they said this shouldn’t be happening and have no idea what is causing it.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Hey everyone,

You’re right—no fix in iOS 15.0 Beta 2 (19A5281h).

I have tried to be as meticulous as possible at troubleshooting; but this issue can only be solved with Apple’s help.

I have a ticket open with AppleCare Tier 2, and the case is being investigated by iCloud Engineering. I’ll contribute updates here with everyone.

After updating to iOS 15.0 Beta 1, the error on iPhone is:

• Settings > [Name] > Find My >
  • “Share My Location Unavailable.”
  • “Unable to connect to server. Please try again later.”

In an attempt to solve, I restored the iPhone to 14.6 and set up as new. However, the issue persists.

Find My ‘device’ cannot be enabled on:

• Apple Watch on watchOS 7.5
  • MacBook Air on macOS 11.4

And consequently, Find My ‘device’ via iCloud.com does not list Apple Watch or MacBook Air.

Find My Friends cannot be enabled on:

• iPhone on iOS 14.6
  • MacBook Air on macOS 11.4

As you have all noted, elements of Find My ‘device’ and Find My Friends are accessible via iCloud.com.

This issue appears to be account related since it does not affect Apple IDs that have not been exposed to iOS 15.

Lastly, I have a Beta Feedback ticket ‘open’ which Apple has marked ‘more than 10 [users]’ affected.

• Enjoy Tier 2! They sent me to Tier 2…few of the same phone calls with the same menial task requests of press this button…oh yeah still not working hmmm…and then the calls and support stopped and I was ghosted. I hope you have more patience than me. I will play the game until iOS 15 goes live to all users and if not fixed will be seeking legal action.

• Thank you for your thoroughness. I exhausted all options at troubleshooting on my end. The fix lies on Apple and the iCloud team. I’ve been sending in feedback as well and I see the same as you. Please keep us updated on anything you learn!

• Yep this is exactly what I have going on as well. Can't enable Find My on my Macs regardless of beta, etc.

I do have an open ticket with "more than 10" as well. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Thanks for posting this and keeping everyone else updated!

Replies

Hey Guys! Surprise, surprise! Today I logged in again and everything is working. I just need to re-add my Airtag after a reset. I hope your problem will be solved as well as mine. Peace!

• Issue is still present for me. Did you do anything different on your end like a restore or something?

• Nop. I was logged in with another account. I signed out and signed in with the affected old account and I realized that Find My is working but Airtag was not visible at the Items section. So I took out the battery from the Airtag 5 times and paired again with the phone and everything worked well.

Add a Comment

After a very long night on the phone with engineers it seems the problem is solved…so hesitant to say solved. But all should be well now. If anyone has any issues and would like to x-ref my case let me know and I would be happy to share.

• @Tpray519 - can you share what actually caused the issue and maybe also how they fixed it. This would be very interesting… Please…

• I would love to have that info, i still have that problem.

• I still have the problem. I’ve restarted and signed out and everything but it’s still happening for me.

Hey everyone,

One final update from Engineering:

Hi Richy,

Changes have been deployed to the server today that may have resolved this issue.

Is this issue fixed for you?

I hope this issue is solved for everyone by now, including you, @bvledford?

Looking forward to troubleshooting a new issue with everyone! 🤪

• It’s not solved for me, unfortunately

• It is now!

Add a Comment

I spoke with Craig Federighi today. The team is aware of the issue and are actively working on it. So at least we have been heard.

• Shut the front door, @bvledford—haha! Are you serious!?

• Absolutely! I was surprised he responded to me. He said to give the servers 24 hours to see if it clears up. He told me to give him an update if nothing changes so I will keep you guys updated.

• Craig came through clutch, all server bugs are now resolved.

Add a Comment

The team identified a second server issue and pushed out another fix in addition to the one that was pushed out a couple days ago. I can report that the issue has now cleared up for me and hopefully this bug is finally put to rest for everyone.

• Awesome news

• Hooray, @bvledford! Glad to hear it. And, thank you for looping Craig in for us—haha.

Add a Comment

I am experiencing this problem as of Monday, Jul 26th. My iPhone 12 running IOS 15 beta 3 can make and receive cell phone calls, however, applications that use any type of data - cellular and network - are not working. Find My iPhone gives the same message - unable to connect to server.

I've rebooted numerous times and reset my network settings all to no avail.

I was experiencing the same issue, I went to the find My app, and agreed terms. It started working 🤷🏻‍♀️ This after I tried everything else. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I also went to find my and agreed to terms and everything is working fine

Hi there i was getting the same issue, after setting my phone on airplane mode to reset the network and after closing find my app and also on the messages since i used that to to check on gps. Did not work at the beginning. Then i just turn off my phone and waited for maybe a minute then turn it on again and started working. Also i noticed that the error could have began when the servers where to busy or something and needed a reset to come back on. Hope this helps

Also been having an issue with the Find My as well, the location service for it wont stop locking on ever since updating to IOS15.

And one doesn't want to shut down the find my services in case of your device going missing.

Hope theres a fix soon! My battery would thank whom ever can fix this!

Ever since I updated to IOS 15.1 my find my friends app hardly ever works. Never in the morning. It says “live” and spins and no locations found I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Re-adding my children. Still doesn’t work

i am also having this problem. There is no app store access on my mbp late 13 running catalina and i also have no access to iCloud via safari search. this problem is very frustrating and has been around for a long time. Would be nice if apple would own up to the problem instead of just transferring to some other tech and giving the run around. apple has gone to crap since TC has been involved. APPLE you have created a new pc customer. Thank you for opening my eyes.

Im not sure this will work for everyone, but I recently switched phones and think I left my apple ID on the old one I gave to my son, so I got the exact same error when opening "Find My", however all I did was go into settings, type "Find My" in the search bar. When I got to the find my section, I stopped sharing my location with my family first, then turned off "find my iphone" I restarted, then went back into find my and turned it back on, then shared with my family again and voila! Hope it helps, apologies if it doesnt.

My Location Services was on with all other noted settings, the one toggle I need to add to ON was

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services (scroll to very bottom) > Share my location (also Find my location within this setting as well)

It’s rather bonkers that when you enable the toggle for Find my or Share my location, that not every toggle is enabled… 🍎 🍏

I am having the same problem while using cellular data any solution?