ShazamKit Error Code 202

I am trying to recreate the application shown in the "Explore ShazamKit" WWDC session using code samples from the ShazamKit code-along session, and I've got everything done in the preparation part before session.match(signature) is called.

For some reason, the following function in the delegate:

func session(_ session: SHSession,
       didNotFindMatchFor signature: SHSignature,
                 error: Error?) {
        DispatchQueue.main.async {
            print("match error: \(String(describing: error))")
        }
    }

always prints:

match error: Optional(Error Domain=com.apple.ShazamKit Code=202 "Please check that you have enabled the ShazamKit App Service for this app identifier" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Please check that you have enabled the ShazamKit App Service for this app identifier})

What can I do to fix that?

The complete code for the app is available on my GitHub.

Edit: just wanted to add that I'm using Xcode 13.0 Beta 1, on macOS Big Sur 11.4

• I believe you need an entitlement added to your profile. I am still trying figure out how to do this.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Hi there, I think you'll need to go to the Apple Developer Website and enable ShazamKit for your APP ID under the App services section

• I own a free developer account, not a paid one - so I don't have access to App Store Connect (which I believe is what you are referring to).

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi there, I think you'll need to go to the Apple Developer Website and enable ShazamKit for your APP ID under the App services section

• I own a free developer account, not a paid one - so I don't have access to App Store Connect (which I believe is what you are referring to).

Add a Comment