Unable to connect to the MDM server for your organisation.

When reinstalling MacOS I run into issues in the Remote Management section during installation. After establishing a network connection, I proceed to the Remote Management section of the installation and the setup is failing with an error "Unable to connect to the MDM server for your organisation.". Is there any way how I can resolve this issue manually? Because there is no way how to bypass this step in the setup.

• I ran into the same issue. I ended up erasing the mac and installing the macOS again and it solved the problem.

Add a Comment

Replies

I would start with ensuring that your MDM server can access all the necessary ports it's looking for. These should be listed in the server documentation. The big ones are 443, 2195, 2197, and 5223. These are the ports Apple communicates with the MDM server over. Any of these being inaccessible is usually the cause of your error.

If these ports, and others your MDM may use, are functioning properly on your server then you may want to try monitoring the Mac's network activity with a tool such as Wireshark to determine at what point communication is failing on its end.

I have the same issue, after enrolling devices with Apple Configurator 2 into ABM and our MDM. No clue what could be the reason, our Network is not the reason, other DEP devices can enroll without issues.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Down vote reply of
  • Having this exact same setup and issue. The device is picked up by ABM, then synced to the MDM without issue, but during activation on the Mac it just says "Unable to connect to the MDM server for your organisation". Tested connectivity to MDM from same network with my iPhone and having no issues there.

Add a Comment

Any solution to that yet? We use Intune / Endpoint

I've tried opening all ports and it still does not work. What I dont know if it depends from the time and date, as my time is not correct when trying to continue after the "Remote Management" page.

I would also love to see a solution. I'm having the exact same problem.

A solution would be nice, but a way to trouble shoot the issue would be satisfactory too. A generic error message isn't very useful without details.

Have the same problem) Tried everything, changing network, provider, changing region, language, time, even different devices.

I have resolved this problem. First of all, when you connect your device DON'T RESTART after first enrolling.

After that in ABM you need transfer your device to your MDM server. After that you need (in my case this is Jamf) bind in PreStage Enrollments, than waiting when device will be Assigned.

After that you need restart you device.

• Yeah, I've also come to this conclusion. What might be a good thing to add; if you're using Intune, it can take up to 8(!) hours before it registers the device properly.

Add a Comment

Did the trick! Thank you so much, you saved my bacon! Waiting for MDM to see it is not stressed enough really (In my case Addigy). Join the device in ABM, go back to MDM and wait for it to see it, then reboot. I'm going to help my client set up future purchases with the apple store business team. Then they pop up in ABM right away.

The only other place I came across this, other than your post, was buried in a Jamf article. Well done and thanks again!

Having a similar issue in a cloud-based VM solution. Any solution that doesn't require a reboot? Like, keep the VMs live and pushin an MDM profile to it? This issue doesn't happen on baremetals, just on some VMs. Could this be caused by Apple's hypervisor framework?