SMB sharing not working on macOS Monterey 12.0 Beta (21A5248p)

Anyone else having problems accessing SMB shares on Monterey beta?

Can not access Synology SAN shares, Windows Shares or Mac Shares since updating to 12.0 Beta (21A5248p).

• Problem auto-resolved after shutdown and restart - unsure why, as nothing had changed.

Add a Comment

Replies

Auto-resolved - see above

Mac osx 12.0 smb can't connect to ANY SMB shares synology or truenas all completely broken..

help appreciated..

Noticed after installing beta3, it commenced a backup to my Sinology NAS for the first time since putting the new beta on, but it failed to complete.

Having the same issue with a Linux share running beta 3. Private Relay re-enables itself after each restart as well

+1 here.

Synology NAS SMB shares. Server is visible, root folders visible, trying to browse a folder causes :

The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Files” can’t be found."

monty beta 5

I do see that people are referring to the beta version, I'm running the production version on my Macbook Pro 2015 and are experiencing the same issues, the server is visible, folders are visible but when browsing, everything hangs. The OS stops responding completely and the only thing I can do is to press and hold the power button until it reboots. Not an acceptable behavior :-(

I have the same issue. SMB connection from Monterey 12.0.1 is not working with my Synology NAS. However, forcing Monterey to use SMB2 allowed me to get a connection (https://stadt-bremerhaven.de/avm-fritzbox-smb-problem-mit-macos-12-monterey-und-wie-man-es-behebt/).

The problem persists on Monterey 12.2.1, which makes SMB connection unavailable between Big sur & Monterey