Unable to see the list of Applications in FamilyPicker for the parent device

I am able to see the list of Applications using the Family ActivityPicker on the child but not able to see it on the parent device. I can see the list of categories but there aren't any applications on each of the categories. My expectation is to see the applications which are installed on the child device. Please correct me if that is not the expected behavior.

The family sharing is setup correctly, and on requesting authorization, it does fail to get the authorization as expected, because it's the parent account.

I do see the correct behavior on the child device. I did provide authorization and I can see the list of applications inside the picker on Beta 2.

On the parent device I see the following errors in the console :

Connection error from Optional("com.apple.ManagedSettingsAgent"): Couldn’t communicate with a helper application.
 Attempts remaining: 1

Failed to fetch effective value for com.apple.ManagedSettings.effective-media-settings.changed: Couldn’t communicate with a helper application.

Failed to open usage store with error: The file “Store.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Any ideas?

• Hi, I'm facing the same problem. Did you able to solve this?

Add a Comment

Replies

Same behaviour. Following are my logs

Connection error from Optional("com.apple.ManagedSettingsAgent"): Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.ManagedSettingsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 159 - Sandbox restriction." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.ManagedSettingsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 159 - Sandbox restriction.}

Attempts remaining: 1

Failed to fetch effective value for com.apple.ManagedSettings.effective-media-settings.changed: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.ManagedSettingsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 159 - Sandbox restriction." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.ManagedSettingsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 159 - Sandbox restriction.}

It is applying some Sandbox restrictions!

Xcode 13 beta 4, iOS 15 beta 4

• Child applications are visible on parents device on iOS 15 beta 6

• Incase the above issue solved, please let me know the steps.

• @AsifmDev

Family picker is showing all apps as expected when it’s launched from child device, whereas it is showing categories alone without apps in parent device.

do we need to configure anything specific for parent device or guardian device.

I am testing in iOS 15 latest released version. Both my child device and parent device are having same version.

Even I tried with iPad too with same os version no luck.

Add a Comment