how to inform part users with HLS content steering

I am confused with the example in the video of HLS content steering introduction.The example says that 100% clients from China to playback through the intial CN cdn from content steering server. And then the CN cdn is overloaded;My question is that how to select which part of 70% clients keep the previous CDN, and how to select which part of 30% clients switch into JP cdn? And how to inform the different part of clients to keep or switch new cdn?? I thought that all clients will get the new content steering information with new priority cdn ,and all of clients will switch into new one. So how to control the numbers of clients to do 70% clients keep priority or 30% clients change priority??

Replies

Your steering server can respond differently to each client (https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2021/10141/?time=472).

To rebalance an existing load, the server could (for example) reassign a randomly chosen percentage of existing clients by giving them a different steering response on their next update. For new connections when a regional capacity is approaching full load, the server could (for example) assign the new clients to a different CDN.