Mission Control sometimes stops working

Sometimes, pressing the Mission Control button on the keyboard or clicking the Mission Control app icon the in the launchpad won’t open the Mission Control interface, while control+up arrow and clicking the Mission Control shortcut in the dock always works.

Hi, has anyone encountered the same issue? It's been bugging me for a while and I'm on the latest Monterey developer beta.

If you don't mind watching a screen recording of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvkHwGbbLVE

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of jkjk9801 Down vote post of jkjk9801
19k views
  • You mean F3 key or ctrl-up key ? When did you first notice the problem ? Never encountered the problem, on BigSur (not Monterrey). But on MBPro with touchBar, fn-F3 does not work, only control-up or Mission Control icon. Did you check your system Preferences (Mission Control section) ?

• ctrl-up works, f3 not I'm using an external keyboard. The problems occurs only in Monterey.

• By the way: This problem still persists as of December 2021 on Monterey. Never hat this issue with Big Sur. For me the problem is only occurring with my Logitech MX Master mouse and the thumb button linked to Mission Control. CTRL + UP as well as FN + F3 still work.

After waiting some minutes or starting some apps it starts working again.

Replies

it must be a software bug that has to be fixed by apple, logging out/in again will fix the issue but of course this not the right way to deal with bugs cause this action just restarts the mission control software and that is why it works fine... please fix this issue ASAP thank you.

Same problem here! Hope new Ventura fixes it.

I don't want to be excited too quickly but after 1 week no single issue on Ventura!!