Building Archive in Xcode (12.5.1) for Intel only architecture

I am building a scientific app (MacOS) that has a lot of C code being called by swift that needs to be built for X86 architecture.

I have built the app and sent it to an M1 Mac computer, where Rosetta worked properly and the app was translated to arm64 seamlessly.

However, now I am submitting the app to the App Store and I don't know how to get Xcode to create an archive that doesn't compile for both Apple Silicon and Intel. The option in the target build settings is simply (Standard Architectures (Apple Silicon, Intel)).

Am I missing something on how to just have it archive for Intel processors?

Thanks in advance

Replies

I figured out that I needed to change a build setting called "Build Active Architectures Only" to "Yes". Then it stopped trying the ARM64 compilation and only did Intel.

I am encountering the same issue and changing the build setting called "Build Active Architectures Only" to "Yes" fixes the issue BUT I am now faced with an Xcode Archive that is a "Generic Xcode Archive" instead of a MacOS archive that I can have notarized by Apple or submitted to the App Store. Any ideas on how to work through that? Were you able to get your app into the App Store after making these changes?