Requesting Authorization for Family Controls Returns Invalid Arugment

Hi all, I have a sample app which I created in my local development env. I added the Family Controls capability and the simulator is logged-in to a child account on iCloud that is part of a family group. When I request authorization I keep getting Error Domain=FamilyControls.FamilyControlsError Code=3 "(null)" in the error object returned with the failure result. I am thinking Code 3 represents the enum case for FamilyControlsError which would be invalidArgument. What does that mean and how do I fix it? Also is there a way to map the error object into an FamilyControlsError rather than guess which enum case it is?

Here is my code:

import SwiftUI

import FamilyControls

@main

struct TestScreentimeAPIApp: App {

@UIApplicationDelegateAdaptor private var appDelegate: AppDelegate

var body: some Scene {

WindowGroup {

ContentView()

}

}

}

class AppDelegate: NSObject, UIApplicationDelegate {

func application(_ application: UIApplication, didFinishLaunchingWithOptions launchOptions: [UIApplication.LaunchOptionsKey : Any]? = nil) -> Bool {
    if #available(iOS 15.0, *) {

let center = AuthorizationCenter.shared

center.requestAuthorization { result in

switch result {

case .success():

break

case .failure(let error):

print("error for screentime is \(error)")
                }

}

}
}
Add a Comment

Replies

Are you trying to run it in simulator? Try it in real device with child Apple account(has to be part of family sharing) logged in. When, I ran it in simulator received the same error code 3 for the domain FamilyControls.FamilyControlsError.