App Store Review Guidelines - 3.1.3(e) Goods and Services Outside of the App

Hello I have a question about this section in the App Store Review Guidelines.

3.1.3(e) Goods and Services Outside of the App: If your app enables people to purchase physical goods or services that will be consumed outside of the app, you must use purchase methods other than in-app purchase to collect those payments, such as Apple Pay or traditional credit card entry.

According to this, does this mean that if i want to purchase a t-shirt in the app, but the t-shirt is a physical good, I am allowed to use INSIDE MY APP a 3rd party money processor such as: 3rd part credit card proccessor, paypal etc...?

Replies

Apple's Vague response, non-binding and unprofessional response:

The Apple Developer Program Support team specializes in administrative support for the Apple Developer Program and its enrollments. We are unable to provide preapproval or guidance on app ideas or concepts. After you have submitted your app, we will provide feedback during the review process, if applicable. If we have questions about your app or any of its implementations during review, we will reach out to you directly. If you have questions while your app is being reviewed, please complete the Contact the App Review Team form on the developer portal.

Meaning, they want me to spend precious time, and money developing the app checkout feature without guidance if I am allowed to process a payment in the app or not... what an unprofessional way to conduct customer support for developers.

I am getting the same feedback. I'd love to save processing fees, but don't initially want to spend $1,000 to find out... Your physical product is a bit more clear cut than mine.