Local Push Connectivity For In-House/Enterprise Applications.

We are currently working on Creating a POC Using the Receiving Voice and Text Communications on a Local Network sample,

According to this information "Apps that use Local Push Connectivity require the App Push Provider entitlement." - we need to create an APP on AppleStore Connect, but we are working on an In-House/Enterprise Entity, which restricts the access to AppStore Connect.

Can you help us with, How to get the "app-push-provider Entitlement( https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/entitlements/com_apple_developer_networking_networkextension)" for us to use on the Apps at Delta Enterprise. According to the discussion on the above link

• To add this entitlement to an iOS app or a Mac App Store app, enable the Network Extensions capability in Xcode.
  • To add this entitlement to a macOS app distributed outside of the Mac App Store, perform the following steps:

we need the Entitlement to make this sample project work.

According to the above point, we enabled the Network extension capabilities on the App side, but it was missing App-Push- Provider Entitlement.

your help will be much appreciated.

Link:- https://developer.apple.com/documentation/networkextension/local_push_connectivity

Replies

we need to create an APP on AppleStore Connect, but we are working on an In-House/Enterprise Entity, which restricts the access to AppStore Connect.

What is your final distribution target, the App Store or an in-house Enterprise app?

Regarding:

Can you help us with, How to get the "app-push-provider Entitlement

You will need to apply for the Local Push Connectivity entitlement using the link below:

https://developer.apple.com/contact/request/local-push-connectivity

Note that this link assumes that you have logged into your Developer Account.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
  • What is your final distribution target, the App Store or an in-house Enterprise app?

In-house Enterprise app.

I do have a developer account, When we try reaching that Website it says we don't have access to it(info added below), and it makes sense because our account Entity is In-house/Enterprise and not App Store

Sorry, you cannot view this page. The Apple ID you signed in with does not have permission to view this page.

I was not able to update the permissions as we are an in-house entity.

Add a Comment

When we try reaching that Website it says we don't have access to it(info added below), and it makes sense because our account Entity is In-house/Enterprise and not App Store Sorry, you cannot view this page. The Apple ID you signed in with does not have permission to view this page. I was not able to update the permissions as we are an in-house entity.

This is unexpected and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please reach out to me directly regarding this matter. Please use my email in my signature and make sure to reference this thread in your email.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
  • I am seeing the exact same problem at the moment (only difference is that this is from a regular App Store account). I am logged into my Apple Developer account. I click https://developer.apple.com/contact/request/local-push-connectivity. I end up at the "Sorry, you cannot view this page" error. I've taken the liberty of contacting you Matt, hoping you can help me out. Are there other persons I should contact instead?

• Followup to the above. It was not clear to me that you need to be Account Owner to be able to request the app-push-provider Entitlement. If I log in as an Admin user, I get the above error, whereas logging in as a user with the Account Owner role seems to work. Sorry for the confusion.

Add a Comment

Thank you.

If you happen to see this thread and are experiencing the same issue, please open a TSI here so this request can be handled by the proper folks. In the meantime, I am still looking into why the form is not available for Enterprise Developers. (r. 83357517)

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com