The user authentication logs in BSM shows wrong subject

I have logged in as an active directory domain user. When i lock the mac and unlock with Touch ID the following event is logged.

<subject audit-uid="-1" uid="root" gid="wheel" ruid="root" rgid="wheel" pid="318" sid="100000" tid="0 0.0.0.0" />
<text>Touch ID authentication</text>
<return errval="success" retval="0" />
<identity signer-type="1" signing-id="com.apple.biometrickitd" signing-id-truncated="no" team-id="" team-id-truncated="no" cdhash="0x8b061a4cd6a37b9228d5b894cc269aaa32ef8051" />
</record>

This logs the subject as root rather than as the domain user through which i have logged in through. This is not the case when i use password log in.

Replies

You haven’t asked a question here, which leads me to believe that your goal was to report a bug. If so, please do that using Feedback Assistant, and then post your bug number here, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Sorry for the missing that. I wanted to ask if there is any way we could get the correct subject. Is it an issue or is it by design?

Add a Comment

Is it an issue or is it by design?

I don’t know. Sorry.

Did you file a bug? I may be able to dig some info out of that.

Share and Enjoy

• I am yet to receive any update on the bug. Please can u help me with the status

Add a Comment

Yes I have raised a bug on the feedback assistant

• This is an ID mentioned on top of the Bug FB9621348

Add a Comment

I haven't received any update on the Feedback Assistant.

Please help me with an update No replies from community

I’m not sure what help you’re looking for here. You are convinced that this is a bug and so you filing a bug report (FB9621348) was the correct thing to do (thanks for that btw).

If you’re looking for a workaround, I suspect your best course of action is to talk to Apple Support. DevForums is focused on code-level issues and this clearly isn’t that.

Share and Enjoy