Xcode 13 and CreateML

Just updated to Xcode 13. A Swift source code imports CreateML but got "Failed to build module 'CreateML'; this SDK is not supported by the compiler (the SDK is built with 'Apple Swift version 5.4 (swiftlang-1205.0.24.14 clang-1205.0.19.54)', while this compiler is 'Apple Swift version 5.5 (swiftlang-1300.0.31.1 clang-1300.0.29.1)'). Please select a toolchain which matches the SDK.". Any idea what is it?

Accepted Reply

I'm having the same issue, I've tried both on Monterey and Big Sur. I think we'll need to wait for an update of Xcode.

• Yes. edford's suggestion is correct about 13 beta 5 and 12.5.1 are the only options to build with CreateML. It also implies Apple should already have internal tracking for this.

Add a Comment

Replies

If you need to use CreateML APIs that are part of the macOS 12 (Monterey) SDK, please build your app using Xcode 13 beta 5. If this error still appears while using the beta, please use Feedback Assistant to open a bug report, and post the FB number here.

If you have a need to use the CreateML APIs that are available as part of the macOS 11 (Big Sur) SDK, you can use either Xcode 13 beta 5 or Xcode 12.5.1, both of which are available through the More Downloads page.

I tried both Xcode beta 5 and release, both show the same issue. The FB number for this issue is FB9642309.

• Thank you for filing FB9642309. Could you share an example project with that?

• It can be simply reproduced by adding "import CreateML" to any Swift source file. I have attached an example to the FB.

• I am having the exact sample problem and the steps to reproduce are correct. Any updates on this?

I'm having the same issue, I've tried both on Monterey and Big Sur. I think we'll need to wait for an update of Xcode.

• Yes. edford's suggestion is correct about 13 beta 5 and 12.5.1 are the only options to build with CreateML. It also implies Apple should already have internal tracking for this.

Add a Comment

I experienced the same issue running CreateML using the release on Monterey, though followed edford's suggestion of using 13 Beta 5, everything works as expected. Running on Apple Silicone as well, could that make a difference?

I have the same issue too.

Xcode 13.1 RC is available and resolves this issue.

• Yep, works for me now too

Add a Comment