Extension not found in App bundle: perhaps App is not validly structured

Error when activating system extension Extension not found in App bundle: perhaps App is not validly structured

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of HTYzenlayer Down vote post of HTYzenlayer
2.2k views

Replies

Did not jump out of the content that requires the user to agree to permissions

What is the bundle id structure of your System Extension? Does your System Extension contain the container app's bundle id with a unique suffix at the end? For example:

# Container App
com.example.apple-samplecode.TransparentProxyTestBed

# Network System Extension
com.example.apple-samplecode.TransparentProxyTestBed.TransparentProxy
Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
Add a Comment

Yes, an ID similar to yours

Okay, thank you for confirming.

Regarding:

perhaps App is not validly structured

Can you provide any more information on why you think the app is not structured correctly?

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
  • This is an error message from the system when calling [OSSystemExtensionRequest activationRequestForExtension: queue:]: Error Domain=OSSystemExtensionErrorDomain Code=4 "Extension not found in App bundle: perhaps App is not validly structured" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Extension not found in App bundle: perhaps App is not validly structured}

I am also facing the same error, any help is appreciated. I also have the similar ID.

• The result of this error is almost always a configuration issue in your project. Checkout the bundle id structure as I noted above. Checkout that these ids are correctly being referenced in your project. Checkout that you have the com.apple.developer.system-extension.install entitlement set on your container app.

Add a Comment

Double check that the String in [OSSystemExtensionRequest activationRequestForExtension:@"HERE"... exactly fits the Bundle Identifier of your System Extension. If you are trying to build an Apple Sample (like "SampleEndpointApp") this is not the case by default as Xcode uses a variable in the Bundle ID ${SAMPLE_CODE_DISAMBIGUATOR}), while the one in code is hardcoded.

In my case I had a whitespace in the Network Extension's product name in the build settings. Removing it solved the issue.

• Ouch! Thanks for sharing.

Add a Comment