XCode13

After updating to Xcode13 on my iMac and MacBookAir, I have the same problem on both devices?
Xcode13 takes all the resources of my computer, long waiting times and crashes!? "Command CompileSwiftSources failed with a nonzero exit code" Unfortunately I do not know what to do? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for any help!!!

• If I go back to the latest Xcode 12…. Will this help for an interim solution? Thx

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

@Gerd2CodeSwift how much RAM do you have ? With Xcode 13, I think 16GB is a minimum.

Could you try to create a new empty project and see if it compiles ? If not, you have probably an Xcode install issue. Which version of Xcode 13 ? The release version ?

If it works, you have an issue with your existing project. When you look at Issues navigator, do you get warnings to update to new settings ?

Replies

I am having resource issues when building a project too. swig-frontend and sourceKitControl grown in the 10s of GBs. I found some methods in my application which are harmless but cause the memory to balloon. e.g. 2 .onReceive() methods back to back in SwiftUI. At the moment the best I can recommend is to occasionally restart, kill the processes and try commenting out any newly add code that may be contributing...

@Gerd2CodeSwift how much RAM do you have ? With Xcode 13, I think 16GB is a minimum.

Could you try to create a new empty project and see if it compiles ? If not, you have probably an Xcode install issue. Which version of Xcode 13 ? The release version ?

If it works, you have an issue with your existing project. When you look at Issues navigator, do you get warnings to update to new settings ?

Claude, thanks for your feedback and advice. I deinstalled Xcode completely from my iMac and reinstalled XCode from the AppSore. After installing, I went back to my project and it seems Xcode has a problem with the simulator iPhoneXS with I normally use due to my device. After selecting the iPhone13 in the Canvas it looks ok. I will test this if I have time to code. I keep you updated, it this possible or a strange observation? Gerd

You can use  Xcode 12.