iOS15 Untrusted Developer

Hi. I can’t install my apps in iOS15. I receive message: Untrusted Developer Your device management settings do not allow using apps from developer "Apple Development: ……" on this iPhone. You can allow using these apps in Settings. I tried on iPhone and iPad.

• Facing the same issue with iOS 15.1 device. But everything is okay on a iOS 14.x device for same developer.

Add a Comment

Replies

Facing the same issue. I renewed my memership and the trust button is not showing up for the account

The same issue, Xcode 13 and iOS 15 iPhone 12 Pro. Never had anything similar in iOS 14.x.x

In the Settings -> General -> Vpn and management there is simply no possibility to allow any trusted developers, only VPN and school/work account are available

Any updates from Apple Dev Team?

Hello, this is not a permanent solution. I've done this 3 weeks ago and have had to do the same today because the same issue cropped up again. This was my answer in another thread I cant find : Create a new Apple ID (not a developer account because it will ask you to pay). Then in the project in XCode, Signing & Capabilities, under Team, I 'Add an account' with that new apple ID. Remember to also generate a certificate and have a unique bundle identifier. Hopefully this is straightforward. Then from there, clicked build, it asked me to enter my password a few other times and I clicked 'always allow'. The app magically showed up on my phone with the same 'not trusted device etc etc' and then in Settings > General > VPN & Device Management, the newly created Apple ID appeared with the app I was working on and click Trust.

I have this problem too with a paid developer program membership. I'm NOT creating another Apple ID and paying for another developer program subscription to work around this. Have anybody found a solution?

iOS 15.2 on iPad 8th gen. Xcode 13.1 on MacBook Pro (Silicon)

At least my issue was the result of Apple again messing with the code signing creating a ling tail of side effects. iOS15 code signs differentially on the "new" type of certificates.

I'm developing an app that is connection to a device via WIFI without internet connection. The initial development was done on Xcode 13.1 and an iOS14 iPad. That worked well. As usual the iPad needed to be on a WIFI with internet connection at the first launch to verify the code signing. After that it was fine to launch the app from Xcode to the iPad while it being on the WIFI without internet connection. The app didn't need any additional code signing verification.

After updating the iPad to iOS15 every launch started to fail with the error unverified when the iPad was on WIFI without internet connection. Launching on the iPAD on WIFI with internet connection was fine. It seems like iOS15 causes apps to verify code signing on every launch - not only the first any more.

After searching and fiddling with Provisioning Profiles for several days I found out that Apple now has two different types of certificates - an "iOS Development" certificate and a "Apple development" certificate. The latter being the "new" thing. Deleting my automatically created certificate and creating a "new" - and then a new provisioning profile solved my problems. My app now only needs to verify code signing at the first launch.

This fixed my code signing / developer verification issues.

Might be a bit late, but to anyone still searching for a solution to this problem, I finally fixed it by turning on automatic date & time settings. Go to Settings  > General > Date & Time. Then turn off and on again the "Set Automatically" setting. For somme absurd and unknown reason that seemed to solve the problem for me at least. Hope it helps.

• IDK why, but this solve in iOS 16 and Xcode 14.0. Thanks

• no idea how or why but this worked for me on IOS 17. Thanks!

Add a Comment