iPhone 13 pro Apple CarPlay crashing as soon as music plays (Apple Music)

Hi. I just setup my iPhone 13 yesterday. I went to go somewhere, plugged in my phone with Apple carplay (I have a 2020 Honda Civic, same head unit from 2016-2021). It connects fine, but I soon as I go to play music, it crashes. My head unit says something along the lines of it’s not compatible. I tried everything from hard reset and resetting the head unit, nothing works. Tried looking it all my settings both iPhone and head unit, nothing works at all. I need help asap. Paid a lot of money for this phone and I’m very disappointed.

RUNNING IOS 15

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of jgidvani1 Down vote post of jgidvani1
19k views
  • I was having this issue with my 2019 Jeep Compass my iPhone 10 Xs max worked just fine when connected to CarPlay. Friday after switching to the new 13, CarPlay would display when plugged in but crash when I tried to play music or use the map. Changing the equalizer from “Late Night” worked for me! Yay!!!!

• I’m having the same issue. Everything else works but immediately crashes when I play music

• I am having the same issue. I have the 13 Pro 256GB phone and when I plug it into my 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback’s CarPlay system it will shut down after starting music or within a couple of seconds.

Replies

Same issue here turned off equalizer than I went into car settings and removed my phone from Bluetooth and from carplay. Removed the car from my phones Bluetooth. Shut the car down and powered my iPhone down. Turned everything back on and the in I sync the Bluetooth and plugged in the CarPlay. It reset and worked.

IT works, thank you so much for the solution!! THANK YOU!!

I am having the same issue. iPhone 13 pro max on a Honda Civic 2017. The CarPlay shows up when I plug it in but as soon as I touch a button it crashes. I tried everything from unpairing all my devices on the car and phone, tried a different cable..reset my phone.

I had the same issue with my 2020 Ranger. Today after work I decided to go to CarPlay in settings, I clicked the sync 3 option and then clicked “forget this car”. For some reason this worked for me. Give it a try.

Hello! I did this. Went to Setting> Music App> Equalizer >> change it for other not Late night and got fix. Even Spotify is working. Hope that work for others.

Spotify & Apple Music finally working!

iPhone 13 Pro Max iOS 15

• Same issue with an Audi
  • Deleted the myAudi app - spotify and apple music work fine now via apple carplay
  • Did the EQ thing too

Hope that helps!

I’m on the iPhone 13 Pro 128GB model and CarPlay will not even work for me at all. The day I got my iPhone 13 Pro (9/25) it worked just fine but last night when I went to plug it in to the car, it wouldn’t work. I spent about a good hour trying to figure out why it wasn’t working. I even did everything possible to get it to work and no luck. Hopefully they can get this fixed.

Can someone let me know if they figured out a fix for on a Lexus? My EQ is automatically off and it still won’t work.

thanks!

This happened to me. All I had to do was turn off EQ in settings

Having the same issue with my iPhone 13 Pro. I can’t play Apple Music because it crashes when I use CarPlay. Hope Apple fixes this bug.

I have been having this same exact issue with my 2020 Range Rover Evoque and my new iPhone 13 Pro.

My iPhone 12 Pro would connect perfectly fine, even after the iOS 15 update, and play my Apple Music without any issues.

With the iPhone 13 Pro, I would plug it into the USB port, CarPlay would display when plugged in but crash as soon as I hit the play button to play music.

I also changed the equalizer (EQ) from “Late Night” to “Off” and it now works!!!!! Thrilled!!

Same issue here car: 2016 A45 AMG - Car play worked perfectly with my iphone x - upgraded to 13 pro and no longer even shows up as charging let alone carplay. Any help greatly appreciated. Do i need a special adapter?

Hi, we just had the same issue on the iPhone 13 pro max. We went into settings, under music, and turned off the EQ. It was in late night mode but we turned it off and it immediately worked fine. Before doing this, Apple car play would come up and operate fine until clicking the music and it would crash. Now everything works as it should.

Apparently they fixed a bug for Audio in CarPlay in 15.0.2

According to Apple:

This update includes bug fixes for your iPhone:

• Photos saved to your library from Messages could be deleted after removing the associated thread or message
  • CarPlay may fail to open audio apps or disconnect during playback

Turn off 5 G CarPlay doesn’t work with it yet!

• It said abnormal data connection

Add a Comment