iPhone 13 pro Apple CarPlay crashing as soon as music plays (Apple Music)

Hi. I just setup my iPhone 13 yesterday. I went to go somewhere, plugged in my phone with Apple carplay (I have a 2020 Honda Civic, same head unit from 2016-2021). It connects fine, but I soon as I go to play music, it crashes. My head unit says something along the lines of it’s not compatible. I tried everything from hard reset and resetting the head unit, nothing works. Tried looking it all my settings both iPhone and head unit, nothing works at all. I need help asap. Paid a lot of money for this phone and I’m very disappointed.

RUNNING IOS 15

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of jgidvani1 Down vote post of jgidvani1
19k views
  • I was having this issue with my 2019 Jeep Compass my iPhone 10 Xs max worked just fine when connected to CarPlay. Friday after switching to the new 13, CarPlay would display when plugged in but crash when I tried to play music or use the map. Changing the equalizer from “Late Night” worked for me! Yay!!!!

• I’m having the same issue. Everything else works but immediately crashes when I play music

• I am having the same issue. I have the 13 Pro 256GB phone and when I plug it into my 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback’s CarPlay system it will shut down after starting music or within a couple of seconds.

Replies

I have the new iPhone 13 Pro Max and I drive a 2020 Nissan Altima. CarPlay kept crashing. I updated to the new IOS 15.0.2 and now it works.

I turned off the equalizer and it works now!

IPhone 13 carplay doesn't work in a 2021 range rover

I was having the exact same problem as you. I went to EQ in settings and mine was set on “off”. I switched it to literally anything else and it fixed it right away!! My music is now playing and it doesn’t crash.

I am having the exact same problem with my new 800$ phone, crashing anytime I try to play music through CarPlay. It plays through wireless Bluetooth, and allows the other apps like audio books, maps etc to work but crashes every time I try to play music. What a POS.

Settings -> General -> About -> Change your device name

Follow the steps can solve this problem

upgraded to the iPhone 13 pro yesterday (running 15.1.1) and CarPlay icon isn’t even showing up. Tried every troubleshoot I could find, including all the resets, doesn’t work.

This just started happening to me with my aftermarket Pioneer MVH-1400NEX and iPhone 13 Pro Max. But only since I updated to iOS 15.5. The EQ setting toggle fix worked for me! Thanks to whoever originally discovered this solution!

Carplay is now Crashing for me on iOS 15.5. with BMW OS7. It mostly crashes when I got not 4g connection on initial connect. (Car is sometimes in underground Garage). So as soon as 4G hits, Carplay is gone until device reboot. Rebooting the car radio won't do it though. Let's see if the EQ settings do the trick.

So we just got 13’s a couple of days ago and prior to these we had XR’s. My husband has a Boss stereo in his truck and has the aux cable connected so he can plug the phone in and charge it while using CarPlay. XR worked great but now with the 13 it crashes and won’t even charge. We don’t have the Apple Music app on the phones because we don’t use it. Do we have to redownload the Apple Music app to do the EQ thing still or has it been fixed and we are having a new issue?

• iPhone 14 pro max iOS 16.3.1 and it is rebooting my pioneer 1400nex. I had the same issue with my old iPhone 12 Pro Max and the EQ setting fix was only partially a fix. My new 14 pro max worked fine till the last iOS update and now I’m stuck in the reboot loop. Sometimes if I “forget this car” and let it try to connect it will reboot a couple times then occasionally it will then start working once I unlock the phone but the next time I get in the car it happens again. Very frustrated, help!

Add a Comment