Reality Composer Problem

Hoping someone can help me with this. I'm trying to create an AR experience for a prefab house builder. I've made a video showing my reality composer screen and viewing the files on iphone viewable here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VsBxxnw3pE

I exported both a .reality file and a .usdz file because I wasn't sure what was the proper way.

The first thing I'm showing on my iphone is the .reality file. You can see at first it has issues placing the blue hexagon shape but then locates correctly after I move the phone left to right. The main problem here is that it doesn't bring in the house at all. You can see when I switch to object view that only the blue hexagon is present - no house. The other problem is that the model loses its tether to the image target as soon as the image is out of view of the camera. This obviously wont work for something like a prefab house walkthrough because people want to walk all around and through the house on site.

Now for the .usdz export. As you can see the house is present in object view although it is tipped on its side. I believe I can fix this issue with the Revit exporter. It did bring the house in like this in reality composer but I used the rotation tools to make it sit flat and orient it with the image target. The other problem is that in AR the image tracking doesn't seem to be working at all. I did notice a slight vibration when the phone saw the image but no blue hexagon or house was visible.

For some background I modeled this house in Revit and exported it as a usdz file using a plugin. I'm running reality composer version 1.5 in xcode. I'm trying to develop a procedure for this so I can do it for clients often. Please help! Thanks.

• hello, i am AR dev and i would like to help and one thing for sure is like if you are going to use usdz and lets say you use alternative way but using usdz is possible and i watched your youtube clips and since my OS is window so , !!!! but i need some insight . thank you .

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

test

Replies

test

This issue remains. The issue being that for some reason the house model is still not showing up in my scene after export. To illustrate this I'm attaching 2 photos. The first is showing my scene in reality composer with the house shrunk to 10% and just to the right of the stool. The second photo shows this scene as it appears on the iphone as a .reality file export. The house is not included for some reason. Still a mystery to me. Could it be a file size limit it is not telling me about?

• I have encountered the same problem. Though it has been a year, I would like to answer this question as it may also help the others.

I guess the problem may be caused by the file size limit problem. I have solved it by either decimating the model in Blender (use modifier) / reduce the size of the texture (from 2048px to 1024 px). Finally, I inserted the modified usdz files and exported the project as usdz again. The models can show up then.

Hope this helps.

Add a Comment

Curious if there's a solution to this issue as I too have the same situation. I've exported a .usdz from KeyShot 10, then imported into Reality Composer for Mac OS/Desktop. I can see my model in Reality Composer on Desktop but when I export the project and/or scene and open in Reality Composer on iOS/iPhone, the model does not appear. I also tried exporting from KeyShot as a .usdz with the option to export as a compressed GLB/GLFT using Draco. All exports were at 50dpi, 16 samples, and preferred geometry node checked. Any ideas on how to resolve this are welcome.

• I have encountered the same problem. Though it has been a year, I would like to answer this question as it may also help the others.

I guess the problem may be caused by the file size limit problem. I have solved it by either decimating the model in Blender (use modifier) / reduce the size of the texture (from 2048px to 1024 px). Finally, I inserted the modified usdz files and exported the project as usdz again. The models can show up then.

Hope this helps.

Add a Comment