MusicKit

I don't know why but when I go into MusicKit part on developer part on my app on Apple's website there is no spot to configure it. I saw online a lot of articles saying that you have to configure it to use MusicKit with an app. Is this a bug or something or do I need to do something to enable it? I just don't understand I added it into my app but I can't seem to get this to work for some reason I'm not sure why.

Replies

Hello @ellj69,

I believe you are looking for the MusicKit checkbox in the App Services tab for your App ID in the developer portal.

The process to enable this checkbox so your app can use MusicKit is described in this article: Using Automatic Developer Token Generation for Apple Music API.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Yes that would be correct but not sure why it doesn't wanna work though but it is enabled on the page

Hello @ellj69,

Are you testing this on the simulator by any chance?

As explained in the Xcode 13 Release Notes:

MusicKit functionality, such as loading content with music requests, doesn’t work in simulated devices. (78559381)

Workaround: Test your app’s MusicKit functionality on a physical device.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

I'm using my actual iPhone for testing

Hello @ellj69,

Did you make sure to call MusicAuthorization's request() method?

That is indeed a pre-requisite for using MusicKit as that is the supported way for users to grant your app access to their Apple Music data.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,