Issue with Fixed Footer or Bottom Navbar

Some people don’t like the address bar on mobile safari at the bottom of a webpage and can easily move it back to the top. I prefer the address bar at the top because I have a fixed footer or fixed bottom menu on my messaging app and the address bar tends to make that bottom area somewhat crowded. So it’s great that Apple gave the user a choice. The issue becomes apparent when the user chooses to move the address bar back to the to top and then swipes up. This causes the address bar at the top to shrink which is good, but at the same time it moves the fixed footer up quite a bit creating a huge area of empty space where the address bar would have been if the user hadn’t moved it back to the top. This shrinks the viewable area of the chat screen considerably. Not to mention it’s an area that is colored the same as the top Navbar. And as you can see in my image it looks ridiculous. I hope Apple provides a fix for this issue or someone has a workaround code I could integrate.

Replies

I've the same problem. In new version of Safari (iOS) if body tag has "position:fixed", bottom navbar doesn't be called. Safari has called navbar by resize event handler, but now this event doesn't handle with "position:fixed".

• @utorkas9 where did you find that information? I'm trying to track down documentation for this iOS footer/nav and how its events are triggered.

Add a Comment

I actually just got this issue . Did anyone found a fix ?