AR Quick Look on iOS 15 not Displaying Models Correctly

We've been running a system that serves .usdz files to customers for a couple months now, and throughout testing and production, we've had no issues with Quick Look on iOS. Recently, though, we've had instances where the animation is not played. A model has additionally come in at an angle. I believe all of these instances were with users on iOS 15. Are there known issues with Quick Look on iOS 15, considering the updates to ARKit?

I can provide the .usdz files if necessary.

• I have also been experiencing this issue. But only with some USDZ files on my iPad. All of the USDZ files will animate on my MacBook, but only some will animate on my iPad, others go back into Bind Pose or rotate at a weird angle. This has never happened before on iOS 14. I am using both M1 MacBook and M1 iPad. I have tried to download the USDZ files again on iPad but nothing. I have tried to convert the files on my Mac with Reality Convertor and still nothing? Nots sure why this is happening?

Add a Comment

Replies

By 'at an angle', do you mean that the models are rotated by 90 degrees? I have seen that issue before, if you output your model as a reality file instead, does the issue go away? Not sure about the animation issue though, but I know there have been a few issues. Please file a bug report on Feedback Assistant and attach your usdzs. Also reply to this with the Feedback ID.

• I've been having the same issue; I submitted a bug report (FB10027554) with USDZs attached. It seems like having an Xform named "Scene" in the hierarchy breaks animations in child nodes on iOS 15.4.1, while the same file works fine in iOS 14.2

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/10027554

Add a Comment

Has anyone found a solution for the USDZ files not playing an animation on iOS 15 but working properly on iOS 14? Seems like some work and some do not after upgrade from same file.

• Hi, same thing is happening to my projects. Some animated 3D characters work normaly on iOS15 and some are just stuck i T pose. On iOS 14 all models worked perfectly. Did anyone maybe found some solution?

Add a Comment

Hi Apple,

I'm also having this issue and so here I am trying bump this post up. Is there a fix by chance?

-Hari

• Same for me, I have a rigged 3D model that in IOS 14 works pretty well but on 15 the rigged model just shows with no movement on its initial pose. How can this functionality change so much from version to version? Same happened a couple of years ago but with transparencies. Has anyone heard of a solution or an upcoming fix?

• @Zoptiks @rolivo can you provide as a sample usdz via Feedback Assistant? It looks like a bug report was never filed, but if you file one and post the Feedback ID here we can send it to the RealityKit team and track it.

Add a Comment

Hi, I have a similar problem. I'm trying to use a USDZ export as a 3D model on top of the image target. But the model keeps getting chopped after displaying correctly for 2 seconds. It just doesn't stay on the target and keeps moving around sometimes getting submerged into the wall or the surface the target is on. (Attached is how it looks) I am only facing this issue on Image tracking and have tried other models too. Same issue. (Tagret on image is on screen but I have also tried on print)

Not sure if you got an answer to this in the end or perhaps fixed the problem, but I have today had to fix a very similar issue with the iOS AR viewer in that the object when first 'spawned, appears briefly before getting wild - clipping through objects, moving sporadically etc... I found it to be a scaling issue. Scale your object down in the 3D app you have exported it from and try again.

Hey, is there a fix for this - we have an animated UDSZ file, works fine on IOS 14, but performs very odly on 15, the model is tiny and no animation happens. Can you advise as our whole project realised on native quick view support.