“iPhone” is busy: Making the device ready for development

“iPhone”: is busy: Making the device ready for development Xcode will continue when “iPhone” is finished.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of allen77 Down vote post of allen77
45k views
  • Do you have anything to ask about the message?

• "iPhone 7 IOS 15" : Xcode 13.0.0

iPhone 7 is busy: Making iPhone 7 ready for development Xcode will continue when iPhone 7 is finished.

Could not install on iPhone 7, and Developer option does not appears in the settings menu. is there any way to fix this.

• I was able to solve this using the StackOverflow question mentioned by @Claude31 below. In my case, I opened "Devices and Simulators", then unpaired the device, closed Xcode, opened Xcode, and re-paired the device.

Replies

Ugh literally same. Why has this not been addressed yet. I've followed solutions on stack overflow and nothing has worked

I fixed it by:

1. Going to Window > Devices and Simulators, Clicking the device and checking 'Connect via Network'
  2. Unplugging the device
  3. Quitting Xcode
  4. Plugging the device back in
  5. Relaunching Xcode
  6. Going back to Window > Devices and Simulators and verifying the check for 'Connect via Network' was still on
  7. Run

I solved my problem by turning off and on the developer Mode in the device's privacy and security again.

I'm also experiencing the same issue with my iPhone 7 on iOS 15.7.7. Despite my attempts to fix it, the problem persists. It's quite frustrating. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

• Me too, i'll let you know if i fix it... Please do the same for me, haha. How frustrating....

• Okay so... Literally unpairing my watch from my iphone worked...

Add a Comment

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I had to "Erase All Content and Settings" on my testing iPhone. NOTHING else worked.

• This is the only thing that worked for me.

Add a Comment

I have same issue iPhone 7 - iOS 15.8 - XCode 15.0.1. Nothing works