SpringBoard or FrontBoard crashed

My app may triggered a iOS bug. When the main thread is stuck, that make SpringBoard or FrontBoard reboot(apple icon displayed). I can't reproduce this bug, It does not appear often. Here is my app ips file and SpringBoard log.

What's kind of code can reboot SpringBoard?

SpringBoard crash log:

{"bundleID":"SpringBoard","timestamp":"2021-10-12 17:09:49.00 +0800","os_version":"iPhone OS 15.0 (19A346)","incident_id":"E43F8A0A-6998-4558-8F59-C695E89A5109","share_with_app_devs":0,"bug_type":"309","app_name":"SpringBoard","name":"SpringBoard"}
{
  "deployVersion" : 210,
  "variant" : "stackshot",
  "incident" : "E43F8A0A-6998-4558-8F59-C695E89A5109",
  "crashReporterKey" : "0548738900860e9e93c4d190f1e06ad255ec3849",
  "modelCode" : "iPhone12,1",
  "cpuType" : "00000000",
  "osVersion" : {
    "train" : "iPhone OS 15.0",
    "build" : "19A346",
    "releaseType" : "User"
  },
  "variantVersion" : 2,
  "captureTime" : "2021-10-12 17:09:49.7257 +0800",
  "pid" : -1,
  "procName" : "SpringBoard",
  "bundleInfo" : {"CFBundleIdentifier":"SpringBoard"},
  "termination" : {"flags":0,"indicator":"monitoring timed out for service","code":1,"namespace":"WATCHDOG","details":["(1 monitored services unresponsive): checkin with service: SpringBoard returned not alive with context:","unresponsive dispatch queue(s): com.apple.main-thread","60 seconds since last successful checkin, 427 total successsful checkins since wake (0 induced crashes)"]},

Thank for help

Replies

When the main thread is stuck, that make SpringBoard or FrontBoard reboot (apple icon displayed).

Well, that’s not good. Critical systems services like this should never crash. The next time you see this, please trigger a sysdiagnose log as soon as you can after the event and then file a bug with that log.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

For more info on sysdiagnose logs, see our Bug Reporting > Profiles and Logs page.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thank for your reply!

We have already posted a feedback with crash logs

Cheers

Add a Comment

We have already posted a feedback with crash logs

Thanks!

And the bug number?

Share and Enjoy

• FB9715584

• Ta!

• May I ask how long apple will feedback this bug? Because it's a critical problem to us. :D

Add a Comment

how long apple will feedback this bug?

I can’t predict the future, alas.

Share and Enjoy

• have you resolved this problem

Add a Comment

have the same problem,is there any relevant reason or solution

have the same problem

These system processes are very complex so it’s possible that a similar-looking crash might have a completely different cause. Still, my advice hasn’t changed on this front: If you encounter a crash like this, file a bug about it with all the info you have available. At a minimum this should include a sysdiagnose log, but if you have any way to reproduce the issue, that’d be great.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Add a Comment