Xcode Server 13.1/13.2b on 12.1 (21C5021h) Fails While Configuring SSL Certificates

Hi,

Anyone else seeing Xcode Server initialise failing while configuring SSL certificates?

Failure: Could not export API server SSL certificate: Error Domain=XCSSecurity Code=-1 "OpenSSL: Error decrypting key
4369385004:error:06FFF089:digital envelope routines:CRYPTO_internal:bad key length:<snip>

Same result after sudo xcscontrol --reset + restart

Xcode Server 13.1 or 13.2b

macOS Monterey 12.1 (21C5021h) on Intel or Apple

• FB9732898

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Try latest betas:

• macOS Monterey beta 12.3 (21E5196i)
  • Xcode 13.3 beta (13E5086k)

Although nothing mentioned in releases notes this should have resolved:

• Python 2.7 was removed from macOS in this update. Developers should use Python 3 or an alternative language instead. (39795874)
  • Great news! Can't wait for the release of 12.3...

Add a Comment

Replies

Exactly same error here. Xcode Server 13.1 and macOS Monterey 12.1 on M1 Mac mini Tried clean reinstall both macOS Monterey and Xcode still failed :(

Same error just now on an M1 Mac mini on Monterey 12.0.1 w/ Xcode 13.1. :/

Try downloading Monterey from the app store, worked for me.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of MT1 Down vote reply of MT1

Same here but I don't remember if it occurs from Xcode 13, Xcode 13.1 or macOS Monterey update.

Same error  Xcode 13.1 & macOS Monterey

same here since monterey beta 5

I reported this with the feedback assistant ( FB9704765 and FB9704771 ) as xcode and monterey error on 15 October. The Resolution ist still open.

I am seeing this same issue - have been for a couple weeks now. Running Xcode 13.1 on macOS Monterey v12.0.1.

There is still no solution for MacOS 12.1 Beta (21C5031d) ( Xcode 13.1 and Xcode 13.2 Beta), the feedback reports are still open and no similar other feedback reports. (even if both are the same)

I think nobody take a look about it and Xcode server is abandoned for Xcode cloud which is not available for anyone yet.

• This is my concern as well. Unfortunately Xcode cloud doesn't support git, it supports a handful of specific git vendors (Git, Bitbucket), so it's not currently an option for my team. 7 or 8 years ago, I updated some software that broke Xcode server on our team's CI/CD. This was the one and only time in 15 years of building Apple software that I posted the issue on Apple Developer Forums, and within about an hour, I had a response from the engineering team, and over the course of the evening they deployed changes to their systems that fixed the issue on the spot (fortunately, it was something that could be fixed in that way, this seems like it could require an update or specific steps to fix). This issue doesn't appear to be resonating, which is a disappointment. It looks like Xcode 13/Montery works for a few people, but my guess would be that they didn't test it much or at all, and I'm not optimistic they will be motivated to get it fixed.

Add a Comment

FB9785825

• How can I make those feedback assistant links work for me? If I click the above link, I do not see the issue. The only thing I ever get on these kind of links is "Feedback Not Found".

Add a Comment

I do have the same problem when using python requests to authenticate with API. Have to use virtual system to troubleshoot. I hope that Apple will fix this soon, because now is MacOS unuseable for me

Same error Xcode 13.1 & macOS Monterey

Still present after upgrading to Xcode 13.2 and macOS 12.1...

• Also not working after just upgrading to Xcode 13.2 and macOS 12.1. Machine is Mac mini (M1, 2020). Not sure if this problem is with OS or Xcode or both. Disappointing that not fixed after upgrading both.

Add a Comment

reinstall monterey and it is still broken

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/9704771 ( XCode 13 Server installation failed with libre ssl certificate error ) https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/9704765

Recent Similar Reports: None Resolution: Open

What about FB9732898 FB9785825 are them still with no recent similar reports and open too?