Safari not opening/working after update to Monterey 12.0.1

I installed the Monterey 12.0.1 yesterday on my Macbook Air (Early 2015) and after the update the safari wont open or work. It shows this message "Safari quit unexpectedly". I contacted apple they asked me to restart in safe mode but the problem still persisted so I reinstalled Monterey however the issue has still not resolved. Please advise how i can fix this.

• I have the same issue on my Mac Pro... tried reinstalling Monterey as you have but the same issue persists.

• I have a macBook Pro 2018 CTO, since updating to Monterey safari doesn't work at all. If I click on it, the icon jumps once, but never starts. If i create a new user and login with that, it works fine.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have MacBook Pro (2018) and after upgrading to macOS Monterey 12.0.1 have the same issue with Safari as mentioned above. I tried to:

• run in a safe mode,
  • reinstall macOS,
  • delete Safari's cache, preferences etc.

Nothing helped and the problem still persists.

I have the same problem with my MacBook Pro (2018). Why isn't there an answer to this by now? Safari was my main browser.

• MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) - same issue. All worked fine. Upgraded to MOnterey today. Tried

installing Malware detect - scan reported no issues.reboot into Safe modereboot into Recovery, and reinstall Monterey direct from Internet

No success - Safari still hangs when i launch it. Does show any windows at all.

Add a Comment

Macbook Pro, 13 inch, 2020. Same problem. Safari won't work after upgrading to Monterey today. Blank window and the spinning rainbow wheel. Still no solution to this issue?