Significant-Change Location Service not working properly on iOS 15

We’re expiriencing problems with the location service since the release of iOS 15. We’re mainly using the «Significant-Change Location Service » to get updates if someone moved some distance. For users with iOS 14 or lower, everything seems to work normally.

The behavior under iOS 15 is extremely strange. For many users, it seems to work as before and there are regular location updates. For others, there is exactly one location update after the installation. For others, the location updates no longer work after 1-2 days.

I have two test devices that no longer receive location updates. If the device is restarted or the location services are turned off and on again, everything works again often again for a few hours or days and stops again.

At the moment we are also testing a new release. Where everything works fine in the simulator, but on real devices the location updates do not work either.

Does anyone have similar problems with iOS 15 and the Location Services or even a solution for the problem.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of subster Down vote post of subster
15k views

Replies

I've been testing with iOS 15.3 beta 1 for the last couple of days. So far, everything works as expected. Looks like it got fixed

• Same here! Tested it for a few days and it looks good now!

• I have been testing with iOS 15.3 beta 1 for the last 4 days, it worked for about 3 days and stopped on day 4, will continue testing.

• How are you doing with iOS 15.3 Release Candidate 1 so far?

Any updates from anyone here? We have be testing iOS 15.3 beta and continue to have problems with location services being terminated when the App is force terminated. It will run ok for a day or so but then abruptly stop working.

• Does anyone have any new confirmations that this was resolved in beta?

• I have not seen any updates. I would be curious however if the iOS 15.2.1 update released today includes the modifications (that are supposed.to fix the location service issues) and are possibly in the 15.3 beta.

Add a Comment

Hi, I am having the same problem since ios 15 update. Recently I believed I have found a solution. Just like the requirement to do an iCloud backup, the phone MUST be connected to a wifi network, charging and screen turned off overnight. After that I found the significant location getting updated everyday. I currently do not have wifi, just tethering from another phone. If I disable wifi tethering overnight, then significant location won’t be updated the next morning. So I wonder if the problem is caused by no wifi connection to update significant location.

Even under IOS15.3 Final (available since 26.01.2022) the error still occurs with me. The focus does not switch off "when I leave this place". I have reset "Location and Privacy" and all permissions have been reissued. Unfortunately without success.

Same problem until iOS 15 updated. Waze and other apps using GPS glitch awfully. I tried all possible methods found in internet to fix it, but without result. And yesterday, after 15.3 update it stated to do much more glitches. It’s impossible to drive and work with such problem. Please, fix GPS ASAP or give official method to return to iOS 14.8

I can confirm that the location-based focus trigger ("Until I leave this place") works again since installing IOS 15.5 - which it did not in the previous versions of 15.*.

Day 777 , Error still occurs , sometimes it works and sometimes its not , I been testing on different devices with the same version of my app , some of them work while others don't , and on another day the other devices are working and the one that was working don't :) ..

how can I get it to work all the time for god sake APPLE !