Xcode Unable to create a save panel.

Hi, I upgrade to monterey and the latest available xcode version. In existing or new projects I'm not able to create new files.

After selecting the template iOS -> Swift File -> Next

I get a Pop-Up which state: "Unable to create a save panel. Try your operation again. If that fails, quit and relaunch the application and try again." Of course I started Xcode new as well as the macbook but no change in behavior. I also tried it was the latest xcode beta but the problem still occurs.

Anybody any ideas.

Thanks

• I have the same issue, so frustrating!!

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

For me the solution was to delete all xcode's I had installed and every file related on disc do xcode, reinstall xcode, now I can create a File without any Problem. Even Xcode seems to perform better then before.

Replies

Found a workaround for me. If I unplug the external monitor on my MacBook then it works. If I plug it in again then it fails again. Hope that helps.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of cyrf Down vote reply of cyrf

I think I have found what did I do that triggered this bug. With my external monitor (non-retina) still attached, I went to System Preferences -> Display, dragged the menu back to the MacBook internal display, restarted Xcode, then the problem went away.

It seems to be related to external non-retina display chosen as the main monitor.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of cyrf Down vote reply of cyrf

I have the same problem and I'm not connected to an external monitor at all. It might be memory related

For me the solution was to delete all xcode's I had installed and every file related on disc do xcode, reinstall xcode, now I can create a File without any Problem. Even Xcode seems to perform better then before.

Right click on Xcode and quit Xcode works every time for me

• This worked for me as well. Thanks.

Add a Comment

As mentioned in Stack Overflow, try Force Quit Application when XCode is running. option + command + esc Restarting XCode didn't work for me, but forcing it to quit did.